• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone raced an 800r?

It's a simple matter of Power to Weight. I believe the two sled are pretty close in power. The Doo is Lighter so it should win a drag race. Traction and distance will be the key. I don't think the XP will kill the Nitro

rightarm said:
None of the SD guys have got there sleds yet because of re-call issues.Or maybe they have them and are waiting for the fix.

2007 hayday result stock
800r 60ft 5.40 et 88.00mph
apex 60ft 5.48 et 87.20mph
nytro 60ft 5.80 et 81.60mph ------- ski-doo 600 5.80et 83.00

from these result it look like the nytro is running with the 600cc sleds it tells us the nytro will not be close in speed compare to the 800r or it big brother the apex
but it dose look like the apex1000 and doo 800r will be a good race

Ya, but ski-doo also got banned for three races because they got caught cheating. Looks like they were playing with porting /head work and had different fuel. Bickford racing and Chris Anderson are suspended for the next three pro races.....

In all fairness, I believe ski-doo told them to use these parts. Stock for stock, I don't think they are as quick as they claimed. They just have alot of weight transfer and wheelie like crazy. Does'nt mean you are fast.

mark said:
yammiman said:
I wouldn't think 138hp would keep up with 151hp - has there been any dyno results on the XP? - is it actually 151hp?

Nice lookin sled by the way scottydog1!! ;)!

Nope... Read a few different dyno results and they all seem to be around 141-145hp. God forbid you mention this to the guys who bleed yellow.

Yeah, but with simple jetting they'll easily get a few HP back. Sounds like they come really fat...probably to help them stay together!

SledFreak said:
Ya, but ski-doo also got banned for three races because they got caught cheating. Looks like they were playing with porting /head work and had different fuel. Bickford racing and Chris Anderson are suspended for the next three pro races.....

In all fairness, I believe ski-doo told them to use these parts. Stock for stock, I don't think they are as quick as they claimed. They just have alot of weight transfer and wheelie like crazy. Does'nt mean you are fast.

and can you post the report or is this just Internet B.S because nothing i have read said anything about cheating.you would think if true it would be all over the Internet and on the hayday web page

scott8888 said:
rightarm said:
None of the SD guys have got there sleds yet because of re-call issues.Or maybe they have them and are waiting for the fix.

2007 hayday result stock

from these result it look like the nytro is running with the 600cc sleds it tells us the nytro will not be close in speed compare to the 800r or it big brother the apex
From these results looks like it was won on reaction time,because the times and speed seem fairly even.DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

ZR800EFI said:
mark said:
yammiman said:
I wouldn't think 138hp would keep up with 151hp - has there been any dyno results on the XP? - is it actually 151hp?

Nice lookin sled by the way scottydog1!! ;)!

Nope... Read a few different dyno results and they all seem to be around 141-145hp. God forbid you mention this to the guys who bleed yellow.

Yeah, but with simple jetting they'll easily get a few HP back. Sounds like they come really fat...probably to help them stay together!

Yeah you'd think that, you guys really need to read dootalk all the complaints about the new xp are hilarious.

So many problems I'm glad I jumped ship two years ago, all these issues having me scratching my head trying to figure out why people still bleed yellow after years of junk.

lugs falling off the tracks at the race on the weekend
motor blowing up at the race on the weekend
ball joints breaking...
3 dot recalls already.....

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php ... pic=174016

Ski-doo got caught cheating at the Hay-Days and their wins were removed and their drivers have been banned from COSDRA circuit for 3 events, all in the pro stock classes. They played with the porting and had different fuel, which is a no no.....

I'm not trying to troll in any way, I just find it so embarassing that they're Canadian!!!

scott8888 said:
2007 hayday result stock

Skidoo runs race ECUs at these races, which can boost an extra 10-15 hp. They can legally do this as per ISR rules, but out on our local trails and lakes, they won’t last much longer then 660’ with this advanced timing. Also voids warranty doing this. The 600cc doo runs quicker times then their own 800 if the 800 is left untouched. I call this Doo marketing at its best! You don’t see these numbers otherwise.

I’m betting the XP will be strong contenders this season with the weight advantage so I wouldn’t line up to one for pinks. I’m sure the Nytro is far more superior though.

Dan

scott8888 said:
SledFreak said:

and can you post the report or is this just Internet B.S because nothing i have read said anything about cheating.you would think if true it would be all over the Internet and on the hayday web page

Go to amsnow and just do a search on hayday results. Chris Bedard from COSDRA went on there and said they were banned for 3 events because of cheating and took the win away.

Dano said:
scott8888 said:
2007 hayday result stock

Skidoo runs race ECUs at these races, which can boost an extra 10-15 hp. They can legally do this as per ISR rules, but out on our local trails and lakes, they won’t last much longer then 660’ with this advanced timing. Also voids warranty doing this. The 600cc doo runs quicker times then their own 800 if the 800 is left untouched. I call this Doo marketing at its best! You don’t see these numbers otherwise.

I’m betting the XP will be strong contenders this season with the weight advantage so I wouldn’t line up to one for pinks. I’m sure the Nytro is far more superior though.

Dan

They all do it. DOO, CAT and YAMAHA all have race ECU's. Ulmer has 3 of them. They all advance and retard timing and ad and remove fuel to make it run perfect at where the motor makes peak HP. It's awesome....

Remember this is the final, not all the heat races. I thought that I heard that some Nytro's ran some 5.6 and 5.7's.

The statement on the race programs is also correct as I was going to run one on my Mach Z 1000 twin which would make solid 10-15hp more than my stock programming however it wouldn't live or withstand my NOS setup.

Attachments

• Track_Drive_1.gif
    Track_Drive_1.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Track_Drive_2.gif
    Track_Drive_2.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 95
SledFreak said:
They all do it. DOO, CAT and YAMAHA all have race ECU's. Ulmer has 3 of them. They all advance and retard timing and ad and remove fuel to make it run perfect at where the motor makes peak HP. It's awesome....

I have yet to see anything really work on the 4-strokes like they do on 2-strokes. Advancing the timing on 2-strokes makes much more power then adding a fuel controller to our injected 4-strokes.
Race ECUs are proven miracles on the F-cats and Revs. Not on 4-strokes till someone can prove to me otherwise and figure out a way without changing engine components.

Dan

Like I started this Stock for Stock and obviously the doo POP has to be modded I guess to compete? Just my 2 cents. Now when it comes to what everybody keeps saying (simple weight to HP) will give you the victor? I always thought it was touque that made you move? Horspower is nothing unless you have torque coming out of the motor. I hope MMSNOWBEAST can leave his sled stock long enough for us to run the (2) sleds, which I doubt!!!!! Then we will get the real answer @ the end of our run.

:4STroke: :flag:

The doo doesn’t need to be modded to compete. I just wanted to chime in and say not everything is as it seems. Sunday racing is differnent then what we see for ETs from sanctioned races.
If only torque won races we would all be racing diesels.

Dan

Back