• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hate my Attak GT!!`

snowmaaan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder, Viper XTX Turbo, Apex SE, Vmax 4, SRX 700
I am used to adding lots of stuff to a sled to make it just right...after the 15mm sway bar and some carbides...the sled is flat out perfect (always would like more power....but)

So I go to my garage and look at what I could do and I continue to come up with nothing! I must trade...getting bored!

LOL...I will be keeping my attak! Best damn thing I have ever owned.
However, when you only have rideable snow 4 weeks a year it makes the off time wrenching a little less fun.

Maybe NOS, or an Excel exhaust or another MPI charger?

I had one last year....I was hoping Yami would come with something crazy for 09...however sounds like they are gearing up for 2010.

So, maybe a charged Nytro or Attak is on the radar.

what do you mean by "adding lots of stuff to a sled to make it just right"? Do you mean simple bolt on's? It sounds like you need a turbo/SC to tune to keep you busy. What about adding some :bling , like changing wheels or graphics or something. Just some ideas.

All good thoughts. I was just being sarcastic...sled is awesome. I am used to spending money on pipes, clutching, tracks, etc. and this one is just about right from the factory.

I like the sounds of NOS or a charger, however. Also, need to figure out how to get the pastic/rubber smell eliminated. Sounds like bigger wheels and possibly an Ulmer anti rub kit rather than stock. Stock hs the pucks that rubs on track all the time.

Thanks! :4STroke:

:Rockon:

If your bored, switch out the track for a Camoplast Intense 1.5" lug, gear to 23/39, switch out the drivers to extros and open up the track windows and clip it. Did mine and the sled flat out rips. Takes care of any hook up issues on any surface except ice. I have a bone stock 07 Apex ER also to compare it to, and there is a very noticable difference. I lost a tiny bit on top, but I would think Some of Allens goodies may take care of that next year. The track is the smartest thing i've done to the sled.

I would kindly suggest a FPP turbo, 280 HP on pump gas. Do it yourself, entertain yourself with the tinkering during the install, then even entertain your bored wife when she has to clean your underwear that you'll sh#t in ever time you ride it... ;)!

I completely eliminated that hyfax / rubber melting smell with only a few small "marginal snow" wheel kits in strategic locations. Also replaced all the crappy OEM idler wheels at the same time.

That Ulmer anti-rub wheel kit for the rear shock is a "must have", too. Have 1000 miles so far this year since installing that kit new, no wear on the shock.

What is the fpp turbo. I am entertaining the thought of a turbo system on my 07 attak that is streached out to a 144"x2".

Full Power Performance, small shop in Little Valley NY, makes rear mount systems. Use to be the R&D / engine builder / tuner for Bender Racing during their glory days, now on his own and makes some of the fastest pump gas trail sleds out there...

Honestly, there are a other great "Boosted" options. too, with superchargers and front mount turbo systems. Do your research for what best fits your needs...
Look under the 4Stroke Turbos / Superchargers forum. You won't find a better place to get info and help anywhere in the snowmobiling world!

You'll spend lots of $$$ for micromental improvements in HP and top speed on naturally aspirated mods (programmers, airbox mods, cams, porting, stroker cranks, nitrous, clutches, tracks, etc).
Take all that and spend it on something that will yield wildly HUGE gains in HP and top speed (up to double the stock HP and up to 50 mph improvement in top speed) with the reliability and mileage of stock, still be able to put 10,000 miles on it without a bottle refill...
How much power you make is limited to the quality of fuel that you decide to run.

Thanks for the all the input...unless i find a good used charger that I'll keep her stock. Any good thoughts on how to reduce drag in the skid would be appreciated. This summer will entail a full removal, dismantling and power paint the skid. Also, will replace the wheels etc since they are junk from the factory.

:o|

Hey Snowmaan,
Good to see you're still out there.
The 06 Attak I bought from you is still going strong. 8400 miles and as much fun to ride as when I first got it.
Love the Attak.

snowmaaan said:
LOL...I will be keeping my attak! Best damn thing I have ever owned.
However, when you only have rideable snow 4 weeks a year it makes the off time wrenching a little less fun.

Maybe NOS, or an Excel exhaust or another MPI charger?

That's more ride time I have had around here.........which was none. The one to two weeks we had around Christmas I was working 7 days a week on a project. Then we had the meltdown in early Jan. and that's all she wrote. What a sickening winter this has been. :o|

Glad to hear your still like the Attak. I too am hooked...truly the most amazing engine on the market today. I am confident they will continue to evolve and improve - looking forward to next year already.

:nos

Back