• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hauck release exhaust systems

HSP

Extreme
Hauck have now exhaust systems and different cdi boxes for more power to the RX-1. have a look at their new website.
:Rockon:

Thanks guys. I'm set with my exaust but the cdi box intrigues me. Does anybody know anything about it?

I have one and it advances the timing at 4000 rpm by 5 degrees and retards from stock by 4 degrees at 9000 rpm. This works great with turbos. BTW it also removes the rev-limiter.

Yep here we go again. The CDI box looks interesting, however I would like to see some PROOF of horsepower gains. The exhaust does nothing for me and as for power increase with the exhaust system, I would wanna see some documentation on that too. I got sold some snake oil with my exhaust as far as HP gains are conserned and the only reason I didnt send it back to the manufacturer is I love the sound of it.........Cubby

The exhaust has been on there for a couple of weeks. Notice the 00.01 Price? Not sure how to take that.

I saw and heard it in person on Tuesday. It sounded great. Not too loud but has that 4 into 1 street bike growl. It has 3 silencers, 1 big one down the middle and 2 little ones (like 2 stroke silencers) that come out and go out stock holes. Pricing I think is $750 for the main unit 9 to 10 HP and $250 extra for the header pipes which is supposed to add another 5 HP. The CDI is 4 degree advance not retard and is for non turbo use. I used the CDI last year with no problems. I'm putting down a deposit. They won't be ready for about 3 weeks. He used this in grass drags this year and I won a bunch of times and was points champion at the end of the season.

Scott

So why is this stuff in the clearance section? Are they being discontinued? I am interested in the CDI that advances and then retards at full rpm. More boost and less risk of detonation.

LazyBastard said:
Hmm.. exhaust makes no gains unless you're doing something weird that requires way more exhaust flow.

CDI - if retarding the ignition by 4 degrees makes it go faster, then just retard the ignition.

CDI - NO REV LIMITER. Cheap SOB's.

Yo please define "wierd" when using this exhaust and no rev limiter??? I am not a expert but wouldnt a lake run at full throttle be a little damaging to an engine without a rev limiter?????Cubby

Cubby's RX-1 said:
Yo please define "wierd" when using this exhaust and no rev limiter??? I am not a expert but wouldnt a lake run at full throttle be a little damaging to an engine without a rev limiter?????Cubby

Well, clutching and gearing had always been the rev limiter so to speak. Electronic rev limiters are pretty new to snowmobileing.

flyin hi said:
does anyone know if the 13 pound weight savings they are claiming is for an 03 or an 05 rx1. & what part of the 05 is made of titanium the header or just the mufler or both?

on the 05 the tubing is titanium and the muffler is stainless from what I have heard. Just a guess but I doubt that the header/flex section is or will ever be titanium because it is difficult to fabricate in that manner

Back