• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HAULING SLED'S

Alright, here is mine....it is made with a 2x4 frame in the box of the truck, and the ramp is a slightly cut down 4x8 sheet of plywood reinforced with 2x2's. It'll hold the weight of 6 people no problem....I tested it on humans first!! ;)!

There is a pic of just the 'deck' of the ramp in the back of the truck...it is open at the front for a couple reasons..weight..and because when you slide the ramp back in, snow gets stuffed under the deck...

There is another pic of the ramp just slightly slid out so I could use it aas a work bench at the races!!!

Attachments

• hatchery7.jpg
    hatchery7.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 157
  • IM001547.JPG
    IM001547.JPG
    491.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Imag0004.jpg
    Imag0004.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 110
btw...let me add..once this is installed, you have to remove your tailgate...

What holds it in? I hammered on a couple pieces of 2x4 in front of the wheel wells so it won't slide back...I also put a couple steel hooky loops at the back to tie a small rope to, in order to prevent the ramp from sliding out... also once the ramp is extended I had a loop to put the rope in at that end too to keep the ramp from moving out more!!
Very simple.

geez...and furthermore...for the Apex, you should make the ramp part as wide as the fender wells...so the top will have to be wider too. So for the top....the two 2x4x8's on either side will have to be each cut to go in front and behind the wheel wells....all held together by the plywood top.

I have been using aluminum ramps for the last 8 years, when I'm not using the trailer. I got them from Ramp Master. I have used them more than 30 times. Even though they are meant for sleds, I also them for the wheeler. ( ramp-master.com)

Fulton tri-fold (and other similar brands). Cabelas sells 'em, so does Northern Tool. Add 1/4 inch plywood to the ski surfaces for carbides, leave the center ladder section open for the track lugs to bite. Get the longest one you can find to take some of the sharp slope off the ramp.

those are all great ramps guys...but once the sled is in the back of the truck, where does the ramp set go??

Back