• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Having an SRX track problem

Hi everyone,I have a 1998 SRX 600 just got itthis fall.Just started servicing it with my son and came upon gouges in the inside center of trackfrom the rear shock.What can i do to fix this without alot of modifications?

With the track tension set correctly, can you force the track down on the Shock? If yes, you may want to pull the skid and find out what may be bent, cracked or broken. If you find nothing, you may want to check out Ulmer's Track Saver. It is a couple bearings added to each side of the shock using a longer shock bolt and a couple bushings. Don't know if it will work for you. But, I suggest checking out that skid for something that is not right before you try a bandaide.

Also, if the track is still good, except for the gouges, try this for track repairs

thanks len...removed the skid and did alot of repair and usual maintenance from neglect....all fixed and back together.....track may still be good....
Thanks again

If the rear shock were ever installed backward, spring toward rear of the sled, the spring seat would ride on the track and could gouge it.

If the Track is loose it will rub on the rear shock. I had the same prob. I keep the track a little tighter now. Not quite to Yami's #'s

Back