• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Alignment Issue

Muskrat62

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 SRX, 2018 MXZX, 2016 Blizzard, 2003 RX1 Turbo
Hi Guys,
Having a heck of a time getting alignment right without one side being extremely loose. Any ideas?
2020 SRX. I noticed it was running closer on right side when new but thought after four wheel kit install and adjustment it would run true but no. If track is at 2 inches at 20 pounds pull both sides it rides very close to clips on right side. I have totally loosened track and started over and same result. Have to go less than 14 on one side and 20 on the other to get equal clip distances. Something ain’t right. Thoughts?
MM

Normal for these sleds.
I just set my track tension I want and measure my adjustment bolts the same length.
The track runs between the clips from one side to the other when riding anyway.

Yes it'll drive you nuts at first. I do what 1nc 2000 does as well. Run your track tight.

Here is Precision EFI video on how they recommend tensioning track. I use this method and it works. I run 1.63" studs with no tunnel protectors and they have never hit anything using their method.

Here is Precision EFI video on how they recommend tensioning track. I use this method and it works. I run 1.63" studs with no tunnel protectors and they have never hit anything using their method.

Wow! That just seems tight to me. But coming off an Apex...

I agree with the above statements. I was practically pulling my hair out trying to get the track to run true.

I don’t go crazy firm....but definitely on the snug side.

I found that lube the sliders up fairly good, and get it close in measurements.....very small turns on the adjusters get it centered. I mean like 1/4 turns only, if that.

I’m not sure why, but it’s one of the hardest tracks to get into straight.

Be patient.

Q. Arrius

Same issue with my viper.cannot line track up.gave up trying.i just ride it

I thought that too until I saw some ultra-high speed footage of a studded track turning 100 MPH. Amazing how much the track "grows" at even that speed. Track gets allot "bigger" at high speed! Now, I tension per video and all is well.

I thought that too until I saw some ultra-high speed footage of a studded track turning 100 MPH. Amazing how much the track "grows" at even that speed. Track gets allot "bigger" at high speed! Now, I tension per video and all is well.
Amen agree 100% tight is right.

OCD's top 10 things that need to be tight:

1. Studded Tracks
2. Tupperware
3. A frog's AZZ (or it sinks)
4. Studded Tracks
5. Your woman (especially when you come back from a week of riding)
6. Studded tracks
7. Grammar & Spelling on TY cuz some of you suck at this
8. Your own AZZ while riding a Tuned Studded Winder
9. Studded Tracks

P.S: YES i can count. I left out #10 for some group participation

To quote the great Ralph Wiggum, #7 is unpossible.

Also, I would add StuddedTracks to the list.

Happy New Year everyone!

Yes,dont forget to smile steve OCD Happy New Year to all,sure hope I spelled that correctly guys..lol

Back