• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Having problems getting your Apex started in summer?

APEX 21

Expert
Holly Crap, I tried getting my Apex started to warm the oil for a change. Good luck, I heard a sputter when it tried to fire but that was it. (I tried touching the throttle) I tried turning the key twice for the pump, that didnt work either
I quess I'll change the plugs or try it next time. Why is a fuel injected motor so hard to start after sitting. :o| and yes my fuel is fresh/stabilized with a fuel catalyst. :4STroke:

fired mine up about 2 weeks ago after sitting since march and she fired right up itching to hit the snow :Rockon:

Mine did this last winter. You should have seen how pissed I was. :o| :o| :o| But eventually I got it running and just let her idle for awhile and all was fine and hasn't done it since. Just don't over work the starter. I don't know the price but I'm sure it's not cheap, plus it's kinda hard starting it without one.

I ran the wifes Apex GT up on Sunday. Had not run in four months.

Turned the key on an extra time to cycle the pump and hit the starter.

Started in less than a second and never faltered.

Now my Warrior was a different story. It was not easy to get at the vent hose to blow in it, so it took 3 pretty good lengthy cranks to fire it up.

:yam: :4STroke:

:jump:

No problems with mine, had to check it today after I read this, She sounds pretty sweet with my cover still over the exhaust. LOL

I think i read the relays in the left foot well collect moisture and take a couple of clicks on off the key to get them to go.

I fired mine up. turned the key and it was there. My RX-1's on the other hand. They take a little turnin over...

starting

I've been starting mine. i started it like 8 times today, i'm tryint to put in a damn remote starter and security system!! hard wiring the helmet heater and adding a led kit. she startes even in ten million pieces around my garage. I miss my full hoods!!!

You guys with the carbs....
As Riceburner mentioned... blowing into the tank vent.
It IS easy to get at - remove the clutch/belt cover, the vent hose is right there at the back. Its the clear hose with the spring wrap that connects into the frame. Just pull it out and blow into it to pressurize the tank, then wait a minute for the carbs to fill with gas, and they'll start right up.

start my every 2 weeks no problems, and it also keeps the blood pumping when you here it run knowing the snow is coming soon. you may also want to check yoyr dash under the diagnostic part to see if its showing you any codes

Back