• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HAYDAYS....OMG!!!!!

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
When i die, God will send me to Haydays for my heaven. These are "my people". This is what i love. Snowmobiles & snowmobile people. Here are my Haydays observations:

1. I love cheese curds! I had 5 batches, so i probably won't COMPLETE the Haydays experience for a week
or so

2. There are no short conversations with Lonn from Thunder Products. You have to bring food & water. He's as old as the mountains with a mountain of info in that head. An honor to speak to him.

3. I had no idea Allan Ulmer was only 35! A wealth of info & exuberance at that age means when I'm 80 and need more power, he'll be there for me

4. I will not be taking suspension advice from YAMADOO considering his left leg outweighs....well ME

5. SHAGMAN aka: Tim (not to be confused with the hairy thong wearing SHAGNOS) surprised me. When i looked at his scraggly grey whiskers, i thought he was going to pull out his Mikuni jetting slide ruler (remember those?). Instead, he whipped out his smart phone to show me all his clutching calibrations & graphs. I felt like my father just had "the talk" with me

6. If i ever ride out that way, i will not let CARBIDE lead considering he couldn't even find his way to the Yamaha booth for pics. CARBIDE now owes me 2 beers

7. VXR1 aka: Don, weighs about 72 pounds naked, about 150 with his pants & WALLET. He spent hours showing me his beautiful, FULLY accessorized machine that has more pics of it than miles. He offered me a stay at his house which shows the type of man he is & why these are MY PEOPLE!

8. When the big turbos rip by you at 140mph in 500', your heart skips.....holy crap!

9. LAKERACER aka: Jim, got his name from racing sled dogs. How would this dog sledder in flip flops have a clue on how to set up a sled? Turns out he used to work for Yamaha. Nuff said

10. I did't get VIPERDAVE's name. It's either Dave or Viper. Either way, he has an infectious smile & laugh. I would like to ride with this bunch even though i think i scared NORTHERN SLEDDER with my
Yankee humor

11. ROCKMEISTER is just plain happy. All day

12. Now we come to MRSLED aka: MRSLED. I forgot to give him a hug so i'm not sure i can call him Tom yet.
For me to put this man on top of Mount Olympus with a Trident is unfair for a mortal man.
BUT, i soon realized this is just a man who loves snowmobiles & works a Gajillion hours on this site
so idiots like me can be happy. This now puts him in the class of "my people".
Plus he gave me a Yamaha dry bag that i actually need just for being in a picture. AND i didn't have
to get naked for it! Good thing to because it was colder than i thought it would be

REGRETS: -i didn't get to the TY booth. I feel like an idiot
-forgot to hug The Boss aka: MRSLED

Last edited:

Great observations Steve, and it was a pleasure to meet you and spend a little time with a fellow sled enthusiast. I wished you lived closer to the mid-west because it would be a hoot to spend some time riding with you! Hopefully the cheese curds will work there way through you and you can leave Hay Days "behind" you this week.

I've got a long time friend who is retired from Yamaha and I had a great chat with him on Saturday morning at Hay Days. He told me that he sometimes gets a little depressed when he thinks of the state of snowmobiling these days because of the lack of manufacturer's along with the shrinking market and riders. He then added with a smile that all he needs to get out of his funk is to attend Hay Days and see the hoards of people and their enthusiasm and his worries go away.

Your observation list was pretty spot on. It's great to see both young and old keeping the faith in this awesome sport.

Ride on!

This is great, Steve! ;)!

It was good to meet you!

So I take it you had a ""GOOD TIME"" to say the least! What, no pictures? Like I told you in a previous post ""GO FOR THE CURDS"" stay for the fun! ;)! O'h by the way, it took me about 3 days to ""COMPLETE"" the Hay Days experience when I went out!!!! :rofl:

StevewithOCD,

Come to one of the TY rides in Munising and you can see a bunch of those guys again. You can even stay at my cabin in Cadillac, MI if you need a break from driving on the way. I just drove to CT this summer and it's not too bad.

Dave

12. Now we come to MRSLED aka: MRSLED. I forgot to give him a hug so i'm not sure i can call him Tom yet.
For me to put this man on top of Mount Olympus with a Trident is unfair for a mortal man.
BUT, i soon realized this is just a man who loves snowmobiles & works a Gajillion hours on this site
so idiots like me can be happy. This now puts him in the class of "my people".
Plus he gave me a Yamaha dry bag that i actually need just for being in a picture. AND i didn't have
to get naked for it! Good thing to because it was colder than i thought it would be

REGRETS: -i didn't get to the TY booth. I feel like an idiot
-forgot to hug The Boss aka: MRSLED

LOL, Glad you could experience Hay Days as well as put some names to faces. As some have mentioned, the TY Rides are the #*$&@!! So much fun it makes Hays Days seem boring. :)

As far as hugs, when you have been around as long as I have, there quite a few of us that have built a friendships that it always deserving of a hug.

Screenshot_20170115-184710.jpg

Lol. I am NOT a good leader, so we are good there.

Seeing I hadn't eaten in 48 hours due to some sort of stomach flu/food poisoning, there was no way I was going to mess with curds!

Yeah I was stuck in line in the Dennis Kirk tent at 1pm.
We finally got out and ran thru the ditch pickle display to rush for the Yamaha tent.
I did see a few guys with TY gear visiting, but I felt awkward barging into all the conversations that were going on.

I choked. Tail between legs.

Glad you enjoyed your time here.

Seeing I hadn't eaten in 48 hours due to some sort of stomach flu/food poisoning, there was no way I was going to mess with curds!

We finally got out and ran thru the ditch pickle display to rush for the Yamaha tent.
I did see a few guys with TY gear visiting, but I felt awkward barging into all the conversations that were going on.

Sometimes u just have to speak up.. I was looking for others..

One of these years I will be able to get to one of these, my oldest girl was born on Hay Days and someday her b-day party will be AT hay days LOL Carbide I'm with you, hard to but in, next time I will bring a name tag with KINGER on it!! LOL. People know me way better on here then in person.

Well we took the picture, then i was gonna gabb it up a bunch until VXR1 kidnapped me. When i returned everybody was gone! We probably bumped into each other 10 times or so. You owe me 2 beers...

Back