• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heated shield adaptor

snappy

Expert
does anyone know of an adaptor that will go in the 12v port on the 07 attak gt and allow a heated shield to be pluged in directly?

Heated shield adapter

If not available through a manufacturer or dealer, I'm sure one can be easily made with a standard cigarette lighter plug (with a 12v output. Most of the time these are fused inside the plug, so make sure to fuse it at the appropriate amperage for your heated shield) and a short length of twin lead wire with a female RCA type connector on the end. One end of the twin-lead soldered to the cig lighter plug and the other end of the twin-lead soldered to the female RCA jack. That along with some heat shrink tubing to keep things neat. Should cost about $10 for all the parts and about 10-15 minutes to make. All the parts should be available at Radio Shack or similar type of electronics hobby store. Just a thought. Not a bad idea though.

--Steve O.C.

You can buy the plug from yammy, but i just spliced into the socket harness under the panel so i can use my shield and keep my phone/gps units on charge

Talk to Kevin from Port Yamaha he has a 12V plug with a pig tail off it for your heated shield, he got me mine.
Jeff

RSVECTORGT2006 said:
I was just looking for a 12 volt DC plug in for heated visors in the JR GRAHAM cat log and found for $6.95. Plug in with pig tail& LED indicator light.

or make your own for about 2-3 bucks from CT

just 0.02 cents

cheers

Back