• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heatX leak

nytrose

Pro
think i might have put a stud or a rock thru the front heatx.
Its pissing out pretty bad,idiot light came on and i shut her down fast.
Can anyone tell me the extent of work to replace this,is it a huge job? or can they be repaired?
thx.

I do believe its a pretty big job. I thought I heard that the motor had to come out. I could be wrong tho, hopefully I am

Get some JB weld or something like that. Some good stuff. I've heard of people patching it up with that, and if they do a good job it lasts all year

nytrose said:
think i might have put a stud or a rock thru the front heatx.
Its pissing out pretty bad,idiot light came on and i shut her down fast.
Can anyone tell me the extent of work to replace this,is it a huge job? or can they be repaired?
thx.

what size studs do you have? thanks

ouch. dealer asking 488 for HX, and 8hrs. labour.
with taxes this means at least 1400 job.
I will try to post pic of damage later.

Track ripped around base of stud so it was repeatedly thrashing the HX.

here are a couple pics of the damage. Does anyone know or better yet did their own front HX removal. Id like to know roughly whats involved before i decide to do this on my own. thx..

Attachments

• IMG00282-20110129-1338 (1).jpg
    IMG00282-20110129-1338 (1).jpg
    179 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG00284-20110129-1339.jpg
    IMG00284-20110129-1339.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 66
I obtained a small hole in mine last year and repaired it with cold weld. You can pick it up at Canadian Tire. Have not had a problem with it. Make sure to clean the area good first and score with some emery cloth etc... let cure for recommended duration in proper temp.

I just did the same thing. To fix it I removed my suspension, track and drivers. And sent the rest of the sled out to get the heat exchanger aluminum welded.

nytrose said:
here are a couple pics of the damage. Does anyone know or better yet did their own front HX removal. Id like to know roughly whats involved before i decide to do this on my own. thx..[/

have to remove front susp and sub fram and then remove motor. yes . alot of work., i would take susp out drive axle and track out and get it alum welded

nytrose said:
Ok. got the heat exchanger fixed now sled will only run for 20 seconds and shuts down, code 30 oil pressure drop. seems i may have other issues.

does it sound normal or like bag of marbles?

Back