• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet Advice

rz918

Extreme
What are you guys using for helmets? I need to get rid of this HJC helmet. It is way to heavy and bulky. I would prefer one without an electric shield but I don't know how well it would work without it. I also like the snowcross helmet with goggles but worried that it may be to cold.

i have a Fly Racing helmet Snocross style Get a good pair of goggles and a balaclava and you shouldnt be cold plus you look cool i htink the snocross style looks way better also much better vision go with an amber lense on your goggles amazing difference.

Arnold08 said:
i have a Fly Racing helmet Snocross style Get a good pair of goggles and a balaclava and you shouldnt be cold plus you look cool i htink the snocross style looks way better also much better vision go with an amber lense on your goggles amazing difference.
I agree. I rode in -14* temps on saturday without any problems. Buy 2 pairs of good goggles and take the goggles off when you stop for any period of time. The sno x helmets are lighter also.

y do u have two pairs do u change off ???? i would love to have a storage place for a second pair so i could keep my motoX goggles with a clear lense for when it gets dark

goggles

Been riding with a snow cross and goggles for years, my buds thought i was crazy now they are doing the same, with good gear this the way to go.

Yeah, I'd go with a motocross style helmet and goggles/balaclava. I wear a dickie with it too so my throat/chest doesn't get cold.
You have excellent visibility, manueverability, lightness, and they look good.
I've worn this combo in the dead of Canadian winters for a few years and I stay warm.

I use a BRP Skidoo style helmet. I bought a 2005 new off ebay for a deal. With the inner mask I haven't had it fog up on me, and I normally fog up real quick. It works great for me. The inner sun shield is an awesome bonus also.

This is my HJC Carbon MX. It's super light. I love it.
IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

I have never worn anything but a snowcross style helmet. I wear a mask called a "No Fog" which does exactly what it's name say's. It never allows my goggles to fog up, my face has never been cold and I have ridden in temp's in excess of -50f. I annually ride on 200 mile snowmobile trip called the "Trek Over the Top" from Tok Alaska to Dawson City Yukon over the top of the world in some of the most extreme temps you can imagine and have no frost bite on my face as a result of the mask. Don't get me wrong, at that temp it doesn't matter what you wear.....IT'S COLD. The mask is made of neoprene, covers the areas of your face the helmet does not and there is a breathe deflector over your nose and mouth that directs your breath down, away from your goggles not allowing them to fog up. Great product..I've owned two in probably 15 years and will take mine to the grave so my face is warm there to.

Koeckman Where do can you buy those goggles i where glasses and i have a fogging up issue i have a pair of 90.00 SMX Optics there ok but i want a breathe deflector

Back