• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP!! 07 Attak won't rev correctly after oil change

Banks53

We recently did a oil change on my dads 2007 Attak. We put it back together and it runs but here's what's wrong:

There is a yellow check engine light on the dash that is flashing. And the sled will stall if you stab the throttle. It will reve up if you slowly take it there but if you do any sort of throttle stab it it will stall out.

I tried searching but was unable to find an answer.

Also I checked the codes and P61 shows 00

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Not sure about the codes but take it down and make sure you have all the wires connected again.
I assume it ran fine before the oil change.

Yeah it ran fine except for having a weak battery. We had it tore down for a new battery and decided since we could see the filter that we might as well do a ore season oil change.

We will triple check everything and see I'd there is anything not connected.

Take the negative off your battery for five minutes replace and try it maybe something just needs to be reset.

I bet you left somthing unplugged, maybe the airbox sesor? or somthing else. Retrace your steps

I just did A Arm bushings so I can sympathize with him and you have to do it quietly and slowly. New bees should take note on wires to connect..Many of them around the Battery tray like relays,fuses, and that white coupler to single wire going down into the engine. You can loosen terminals as well fiddling around down in there.
Here is the procedure for finding error codes and their meaning.
1-Hold down the "select" and "reset" buttons together.
2-Turn on the Ign., and continue to hold until "diag" is displayed.
3-Release both buttons, then depress them both again until the display changes to a Number.
4-using either "select" or "reset" scroll untill you see #60. There should be a small number below it. (error code)make note of number.
5-now scrol to#64, and again a small number is displayed below it. This is the error log(counter)
5- If it is not "zero" press the "gripwarmer button to return to zero.
6-Shut the Ign. off, wait...., then back on again. If the Condition that caused the error is no longer present, no codes will be displayed.

Oops, forgot second question

Yamaha Error Codes for Apex, Attak, and Apex Mountain models

Code #
Item
Symptom
Fail-Safe Action Starting Capability Running Capability
11 Cylinder identification sensor No normal signals are received from the cylinder identification sensor Continues to operate the engine based on the results of the cylinder identification that existed up to that point Unable Able
12 Crankshaft position sensor No normal signals are received from the crankshaft position sensor Stops the engine (by stopping the injection and ignition) Unable Unable
14 Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit) (pipe system) Intake air pressure sensor-open or short circuit detected.
Faulty intake air pressure sensor system Fixes the intake air pressure to 85.0 kPa. Able Able
16 Throttle position sensor (open or short circuit) (stuck) Throttle position sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the throttle position sensor to fully open Able Able
20 Intake air pressure
Atmospheric pressure Defective values are detected due to the internal malfunction Fixes the intake air pressure and atmospheric pressure to 85.0 kPa. Able Able
21 Coolant temperature sensor Coolant temperature sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the coolant temperature to 600 C. After the engine starts, the radiator fan relay will be turned on. Able Able
22 Intake temperature sensor Intake temperature sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the intake temperature to 00 C. Able Able
23 Atmospheric pressure sensor (open or short circuit) Atmospheric pressure sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the atmospheric pressure to 85.0 kPa. Able Able
30 Oil pressure dropped Engine stops when the oil pressure drop is detected Fuel pump and fuel injection are stopped (main relay is off) Unable Unable
36 Faulty ignition Open circuit detected in the primary lead of the ignition coil Cut the injection of cylinder in the same group with the cylinder that the error is detected. Example, when the #1 cylinder is defective, cut the injection of #1 and #4 cylinders. Turn on the power to the air induction solenoid to always cut-off the aire Able (depending on the number of faulty cylinders) Able (depending on the number of faulty cylinders)
42 Speed sensor No normal signals are received from the speed sensor Assumes highest ratio Able Able
43 Fuel system voltage (monitor voltage) The ECU is unable to monitor the battery voltage (an open circuit in the line to the ECU) Fixes the battery voltage to 12 V Able Able
44 Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on the EEPROM An error is detected while reading or writing on the EEPROM (CO adjustment value) n/a Able Able
46 Vehicle system power supply (monitor voltage) Power supply to the FI system is not normal Grip warmer output is off Able Able
50 ECU internal malfunction (memory check error) Faulty ECU memory. When this malfunction is detected, the code number might not appear on the meter n/a Unable Unable
80 Grip warmer switch Grip warmer switch-short circuit detected n/a Able Able
81 Grip warmer Grip warmer-open or short circuit detected n/a Able Able
82 Thumb warmer switch Thumb warmer switch-short circuit detected n/a Able Able
83 Thumb warmer Thumb warmer-short circuit detected n/a Able Able
84 T.O.R.S. Detecting conditions for T.O.R.S. are satisfied n/a Able Unable
85 Oil pressure switch Oil pressure switch-open circuit detected n/a Able Able
- Start unable warning Relay is not turned ON even if the crank signal is input while the start switch is turned ON. When the start switch is turned ON while an error is detected with the fault code of number 11, 12, 30, or 50. Engine trouble warning light flashes when the start switch is turned on Unable Unable

Ended up being the crank position sensor wire. It was buried under the others. Runs like a top now!

Back