• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code 20 and engine light flashing

dmand

finally got a four stroke!!!!!!! 2007 attak gt w/super charger. new to site and have been reading posts bout this code for couple of days. everybody on this site seems to help, that is awesome!!!so here goes question---- has code 20 and flashing engine iconand yellow light and cant get it to clear in the diagnostic mode if i unplug the sensors to get the codes 13 and 23 to show, they will clear. 20 wont it also shows 0 codes on 61 in diag. mode but shows 2 in 62 in diag. mode with no code numbers for the 2 in 62 in diag. mode. have replace sensors with ones from brothers apex gt aniversarry sled with no cure to problem. also have 5 volts to both sensors like i should according to other posts, also have looked at the wiring harness and cant see any visible scrapes or wear marks. it is becoming very frustrating any help would be great :die

Interesting, I have been battling a code 20 for over a year now, have swapped all sensors one by one and even the ECU and nothing has fixed it. I'm not sure if I cleared the codes every time I swapped a sensor, so it's back to the old drawing board and start swapping one by one again.

Are you sure you cleared the codes after you swapped the sensor? I believe diag 62 is the number of codes and 61 is where you have to be to clear them. Mine doesn't seem to clear the code 20 as diag 62 always displays "1" as oppose to "0" once cleared. If you look at other posts, specifically,,,
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=60
you'll see that there are several sensors that potentially could cause this code. If you find the problem, make sure you let us know.

Also as per site rules, update your profile with your location, thanks.

If code 20 is a fault code No. It would indicate an atmospheric pressure sensor problem. Check your atmospheric sensor hose. Might be clogged, kinked, or pinched. Just read it in my service mannual.

Problem solved

I was helping with this issue and have a tread in the super charger forum about it.
The barometric sensor was replaced, the fuel pressure sensor was replaced and all the wiring and hoses were tracked down and found in good condition.
The method to clear the problem ended up being the GEMS controller.
For a fault 20, the GEMS controller must be un-plugged and the wire connectors plugged back in the stock way. After the fault was cleared, the GEMS controller was put back into the system and life is good again. Faults gone and yellow flashing light is gone.
Reason is something like this: The GEMS controller has no power to it when doing the fault reset so you can,t clear fault 20 with it in line. It only has power when the engine is running.

Hope this helps someone else to not spend a bunch of time and money, as we did, for a simple fix. ;)!

iahacker, what is the GEMS controller? I have a Simons CPR Turbo kit with a fuel controller, are we talking about the fuel controller here?

the code 20 would only clear like iahacker stated above the gems controller won't let anything thru because it has no power unles sled is running due to being powered by injection circuit. plugged stock harness back together where gems controller was plugged in and was able to clear in diagnostic mode . 61 shows codes and 62 able to erase them . and to hlmrx1 the gems controller is for the fuel mapping mine has 6 modes . from 1 on up they are as follows:idle/cruise mixture level, mid range, main, boost fuel adder, accelerator pump, altitude compensation. and by the way iahacker is my uncle (he will love reading that). we also set the gems controller back to ulmer racing settings and now it does not pull as hard, have to go back forgot to note where the settings where too, darnit. wasnt sure wher the previous owner rode, he mentioned the mountains so we will start over and add to the controller. it did pull like a rocket. when we get the numbers back to previous settings will post them for you guys. we are at 1100ft and change in town and bout 1000ft on the river we ride on . if anyone has gems settings for this would love to here them. thanks a million for the input. going to update my profile sorry i didn't get that done. by the way I am not by any means bashing the settings from ulmer, i understand that they are a starting point for the controller. :4STroke:

code 20 clearing

I would also like to thank heath at mpi what a great and helpfull guy. mpi, what a great business. not alot of places left like that, that are willing to help and take the time. AWESOME!!!!! :rocks:

am running stage one with 26 s/c gear and 22 crank gear we travel around so don't want to hurt it if i can't find good gas.

GEMS controller

hlmrx1...Yes, GEMS controller is the fuel controller. It has 6 mode settings for fuel settings. Idle, needle enrich, main, accelerator pump, boost adder. Each mode is color coded and each can be set according to the number of LED's that light up. It plugs into wire loom just above primary clutch. It's very easy to use. The hard part is figuring out where to set the numbers for best safe performance :o| I don't know if MPI makes it or just sells it.

Problem solved

I was helping with this issue and have a tread in the super charger forum about it.
The barometric sensor was replaced, the fuel pressure sensor was replaced and all the wiring and hoses were tracked down and found in good condition.
The method to clear the problem ended up being the GEMS controller.
For a fault 20, the GEMS controller must be un-plugged and the wire connectors plugged back in the stock way. After the fault was cleared, the GEMS controller was put back into the system and life is good again. Faults gone and yellow flashing light is gone.
Reason is something like this: The GEMS controller has no power to it when doing the fault reset so you can,t clear fault 20 with it in line. It only has power when the engine is running.

Hope this helps someone else to not spend a bunch of time and money, as we did, for a simple fix. ;)!

I am having the same issue trying to clear code #20 with MPI supercharger and GEMS controller. Mine does not appear to have the ability to unplug and plug stock connectors back to clear code. Looks like mine is wired in updated manner where it’s wired right into wiring harness.

What year is your sled? You should be able to trace the GEMS harness back to the big grey connector located on top of the Deltabox frame above the clutches. Eliminate the GEMS piggyback T harness, clear code, and then re-install. All of this is assuming you have an ‘06-‘10 Ape or Attak.

What year is your sled? You should be able to trace the GEMS harness back to the big grey connector located on top of the Deltabox frame above the clutches. Eliminate the GEMS piggyback T harness, clear code, and then re-install. All of this is assuming you have an ‘06-‘10 Ape or Attak.
It’s a 2011 Apex. It does not have the piggyback T harness. The only thing on delta box frame in that location is the fuel pump. When I trace wires from GEMS it seems to be wired directly into OEM plugs and no T harness that I see.

Ah okay. On the ‘11 + Apex sleds Power Commander ran their harness directly to the injectors individually and the TPS as well. I’ve never seen a GEMS setup on the second generation Apes so I’m not much good to you. Sorry.

Thanks for trying ! Do you have any idea where I could get help with it ? I don’t believe anyone is left from MPI.

My only suggestion would be contacting Allen at Ulmer Racing, he’s got lots of experience with boosted four holers and is a site sponsor.

Back