• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Draining Fuel Tank

Cluney

VIP Member
Hey guys,
Haven't been on here in 2 years almost lol. Me and my
Apex mountain have been reunited after 2 years of court battles.
Anyways she's been sitting for 2 years.

Finished changing the plugs except the end one on the right. Gonna have to take more apart to get at it. Had to change because the 2 year old gas fouled them majorly.

Gonna attempt an oil change soon as well. I've been reading its a nightmare so wish me luck lol.

Anyways to the question. The 2 year old fuel in the tank has to go before I run again because I don't want to foul my new plugs. Any suggestions on how to get the fuel out of the tank? Can't seem to find a fuel line anywhere to let in drain in a container. I know you guys will help because I've come here for everything with great members and it has never let me down!

Congratulations on winning your sled back! The easiest way to drain the tank, since I just went through this in the past few months, is to pull the tank off and turn it upside down! I tried siphoning the tank and that process just was not worth the time or effort. :o| When you have the tank out you can then change your exhaust donuts and steering blocks. This will also provide you with some quality time to spend with the one you love; Your Apex. ;)!

Haha thank you very much. Its good to be reunited again.
Now I guess the big question is...

How hard is it to take the tank off and what is involved in the process?
:4STroke:

It's pretty easy. Take off the seat and tank shroud and there should be 4 nuts and two screws holding the tank in place. There are two wire harness connections and 3 hoses. (I think I have the count right) One is a vent hose that should be connected by the left foot well. I would disconnect it there. Be sure to remember to hook up the hidden wire harness on the front top left of the tank when you reinstall the tank or you will be back on this site to figure out why your fuel gauge is flashing at you.

Attachments

• Tank_1.jpg
    Tank_1.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Tank_2.jpg
    Tank_2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 320

Back