• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help identifying helix

MNApexRider

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex 40th Anniversary
Purchased a 2008 Apex and am trying to identify what this thing has. Any help is appreciated. The spring is Black with Blue, but cant seem to locate that anywhere for specs. The Helix basically only has a K for identification. The Primary has a Black spring and Hauck VP weights. Thoughts???

20221027_200021.jpg

20221027_200030.jpg

K helix is a 49-41 progressive helix from Ulmer, wish I had one in my collection.

Its an Ulmer helix, but it looks like it's mixed & matched parts on the springs & weights.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I misunderstood the seller. Apparently Hauck set up the clutch for him, and it is indeed a Ulmer clutch. Not sure what springs are in there, but seller claims its very smooth and works very well. I guess we will see. Curious to see results of Hauck setting up a clutch from the competition..

Still looking for any insight on the secondary spring. This is what I know and have verified. Ulmer weights with weight at base and tip, BOP soft start primary spring, Ulmer K helix and this black/blue secondary spring that I cant find anywhere and would love the specs, or suggest a spring so I know for sure whats in there.

Is your Apex a 136” LTX?

Stock spring is black with white mark, or newest Version has two white marks. This spring should work well at 3-3 (60*) and that helix, adjust as needed. A red Dalton set at 6-2 (80*) is also a good option. Ulmer uses the stock secondary spring in his Apex kits.

No problem. That Ulmer setup will work very well when dialled in. Enjoy.

Back