• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help me onto a Nytro

Chern_889

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, im seriously considering getting onto a nytro for next year, It would most likely be a MTX 153. I currently ride a 2007 RMK 600 155 with a 660BB and your usual 2 stroke mods.

My main draw towards the fourstroke is the power possibilities, i really want to give the turbo thing a try, and the majority of my riding is done around 1500ft, the last thing i want to do is have to deal with racegas(2stroke turbo). We do a fair amount of long distance riding from gas pump to gas pump.

I spent an afternoon on a bone stock 2010 XTX to get an idea of how they ride. I was fairly impressed with the power, but i was having a tough time getting used to the engine braking, and mostly the noticable nose darting on off throttle. My plan is to try and find a deal on a left over 09 or 10 MTX, and run an MCX 180 or possibly 240 kit, as well as the timbersled Mt.tamer skid and barkbuster front.

I love the way my IQ chassis handles in all conditions, from trail riding to boondocking and hill climbing, im just worried that i wont be as happy with the way the nytro will handle, but i know i will love the power.

Basically i just want your opinion, and i need that extra confidence to make the jump to a yamaha, as ive only ever ridden Polaris. Also which year you suggest is best to pick up, either 09 or 10.

Thanks for your time, Jay

Nope the barkbuster has new a-arms and spindles

The sub frame can be reinforced on the 08 or 09

The approch angle is shallower on the 2010 but new rails and the mt tamer will correct this

As for MCX 180 or 240 my advice is to go on 240 right away. Me and my buddy converted our sleds at the same time, he chosed 180 and i 240-after a couple of testruns on his, ive gotta say that power is extremely addictive-he is as we speak converting into 240... The throttle response is slightly better on the 180-but thats only fragments if a second, as soon as you are past 3 miles/hour you never miss it as i see it. But you will miss the power when you are in powder-especially in the mountains. The difference between 180 and 240 isnt that big on trail, they run fairly even up to ~60-65 miles/h, but as soon as you are in the deep you will miss those 60hp.

Chern_889 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, im seriously considering getting onto a nytro for next year, It would most likely be a MTX 153. I currently ride a 2007 RMK 600 155 with a 660BB and your usual 2 stroke mods.

My main draw towards the fourstroke is the power possibilities, i really want to give the turbo thing a try, and the majority of my riding is done around 1500ft, the last thing i want to do is have to deal with racegas(2stroke turbo). We do a fair amount of long distance riding from gas pump to gas pump.

I spent an afternoon on a bone stock 2010 XTX to get an idea of how they ride. I was fairly impressed with the power, but i was having a tough time getting used to the engine braking, and mostly the noticable nose darting on off throttle. My plan is to try and find a deal on a left over 09 or 10 MTX, and run an MCX 180 or possibly 240 kit, as well as the timbersled Mt.tamer skid and barkbuster front.

I love the way my IQ chassis handles in all conditions, from trail riding to boondocking and hill climbing, im just worried that i wont be as happy with the way the nytro will handle, but i know i will love the power.

Basically i just want your opinion, and i need that extra confidence to make the jump to a yamaha, as ive only ever ridden Polaris. Also which year you suggest is best to pick up, either 09 or 10.

Chern:

Take a look into some of the on-line classified ads around Calgary ... I've seen a few Nytros already turboed up for pretty good prices. Gonna be cheaper than starting from scratch .... most have decent Kms on them too.

I frequently flip through kijiji and buysell to see what is out there for the girlfriend ... (she needs something with reverse to save MY back ....) and have seen some good deals. If a guy can save a few extra bucks to put towards fuel and hotel rooms instead, sounds good to me! ;)!

G.

If you want to try out a stock 09 MTX, I am just outside Regina. Once you get used to the feel of a 4 stroke, it's hard to go back!

Buy a 2010 SE they are night and day different from the 08 & 09's. The 2010 is what the 08' & 09's should have been.

Chern_889 said:

XTX and MTX handle differently but I love my MTX w/MCX180 lots of power for the flatlands......

Back