• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help on XTX Cluthing.

NytroJo

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
Looking for help on spring positions. I have a stock 09 XTX. I am 200 lbs. Cluthching is stock with the BSB primary.

On hard pack trail the sled currently pulls 8900 rpm, and have never hit the rev limiter.

I ride equal amount of on and off trail.

I am trying the 14.5 rollers and YPY spring I have heard others are using. Word is this combo is suposed to smooth out engagement and pull harder in the mid range.

Should I use the same hole positions for the primary when switching springs, and are there any other tips I should know about?

Thanks

Are you confused or am I??
The primary spring has no hole positions.
Since you are changing out the primary spring and rollers its just a simple swap of parts, the secondary spring is the one that requires the "wrap" you are referring to.

I cant speak for the installation. RadianGuy installed mine. But I love the YPY and 14.5 Rollers. More pull bottom end and much more driveable at slower speeds. I think it engages around 3200 now vs 4400 before (I think).

Sorry, Yes I appear confused. Thats what I get for posting from work.. Focus on the important stuff. Fun. Just trying to get any feedback avail on making this change, and if there is anything else I sould do to make sure I realize the true benefit.

Thanks guys, have a big trip planned next week and have no hardpack in my area to test on. Wanted to have some comfort in knowing I was going to hit the trails with a solid set up.

The 14.5m rollers and ypy spring will lower your engagemnet and your shifting rpm. You may notice that your shifting rpm will drop to 8600-8700rpm which is perfect.

COMFORT CLUTCH SET UP WORKS GREAT LOW ENGAGEMENT BETTER torque in power band and better fuel milage . i tried this set up yesterday compared to my stock set up on xtx and with the kit you can pull the skies at 30 or 40 miles a hour ...

stock spring works good with smaller rollers 3200 engagement, ypy is about 2900.I think secondary needs to be tightened one hole with either spring to get proper backshift

Use a yellow silver yellow SHORT SPRING. Lowers the engagement down to 3k and nice and smooth like the rollers but only costs 21.95 thru Port Yamaha!! PN-90501-586J0-00. It kills the initial over rev and strengthens the midrange and stills runs 8800 on my new 250 mile motor!!

nytro11tom said:
stock spring works good with smaller rollers 3200 engagement, ypy is about 2900.I think secondary needs to be tightened one hole with either spring to get proper backshift
I'd have to agree. Added just the rollers, engagement 3200, lost a bit of backshift and had to tighten one hole

I did the rollers 4000 mi ago and love it. I like the lack of engine breaking and the smooth low engagement. also bought the spring, but never tried it. put near 5000mi on the last belt and was still good

I installed the rollers and spring this past weekend. The snow was soft Sat but Sunday was cold and traction was great. I really like not getting jerked around at low speeds and I was happy with the pull throught the whole band. This weekend will be the test, long ride planned with a Ski dooer and his new 800 that jumped me on the hole shot a few times last ride. Cant have that!

Thanks to all for the info.

Back