• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help... Problems with Track Adjusters!

09NytroRTX

Expert
I have a OFT extension from a 121 to a 136 and keep having problems. Has anyone had a similar problem where the bolts that go into the shaft to hold the extension in place bend up and the track gets really loose? This has happened to me 3 times now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also I bought the sled with the extension already on. It could be that the previous owner installed it in-correct. Does anyone have any pictures of the install or anything? Need HELP!

I had the 121-144 on my sled for a whole season with out and problems. Install was fairly easy and the extensions fit very well. Alittle tight if anything, nothing a little sanding and a hammer couldnt fix though. I added extra wheels like an XTX skid would have. That would be the only difference in how It was mounted.

Attachments

• extension.jpg
    extension.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 69
The bolts that keep bending up are the ones that tighten the track up by the back bogey wheels. Sorry not real good at explaining... Not sure y they keep bending up..

09NytroRTX said:
The bolts that keep bending up are the ones that tighten the track up by the back bogey wheels. Sorry not real good at explaining... Not sure y they keep bending up..

#1 are for adjusting the track tension and side to side, #2 keep the track in place ( Tight ).

You should not be bending #1, and #2 has to stay tight, if the build up of all the bushings and spacers at the back are right it should stay tight.. I put lock tight on my back bolt.

Attachments

• extension.jpg
    extension.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 64
I seen this happen many times with people adjusting the track and not loosing the axle first.
Is this what your doing?

pro116 said:
I seen this happen many times with people adjusting the track and not loosing the axle first.
Is this what your doing?

x2

loosen the axel and adjust track tension then make sure you have the lock nut tight. With the lock nut there it shouldn't be able to loosen.

Well, I've had a dealer fix this twice so i just figured it was of the OFT ext. causing the problem. Maybe i'll try another dealer!

09NytroRTX said:

Give me a call. 952-465-7399

Scott

Back