• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP! Question on Venture GT throttle levers,,,,,,

rlt

Veteran
Is there any better or interchangable throttle levers for a 09 RS Venture GT that don't have a "ball" on the end that cuts off circulation and numbs my thumb?

I try riding using my palm in various positions, but it is still very annoying and hurts. I'm thinking of heating it with a heat gun and to flatten it out or getting a dremel out if the "ball" is thick enough.

THX!

Try a different throttle block position that fits you. However, TORS may need to be reset for your sled.

Thanks Vector nut, if it is not "pinned" or indexed on the handlebar, I'll try moving it down a tad.

I have the throttle rolled down on ALL of my sleds. I use the flat of my thumb, between the middle knuckle and my hand. My wife has small hands and it's the ONLY way she can ride a sled. Try it, you'll like it LOL.

I was having the same problem with thumb numb, thinking it was vibration but the dealer( there for first general service oil change) spun the throttle block down ~ 20 ` and I have not had it again.

Hope that helps

Yamadoo

I put the Thumb Drive on my 09 and it works good , it makes the throttle like ATV style where it is below the bar not in front , I got it from a site sponser here , do a search and you will get other reviews and purchase info
MM

Muskoka Man said:
I put the Thumb Drive on my 09 and it works good , it makes the throttle like ATV style where it is below the bar not in front , I got it from a site sponser here , do a search and you will get other reviews and purchase info
MM
Please tell us what sponsor you got it from?? thanks,

NCI sells them. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=94663

I installed one on my FX Nytro but my wife and 14 year old girls didn't like it. It works well for standing on a Nytro but I still had some thumb fatigue and the Nytro has an easier pull than most carb'd sleds. I installed a Throttle Gizmo on the wife's Vector which works OK but still has it's draw backs.

Attachments

• gizmo.JPG
    gizmo.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 87

Back