• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help! Rsi 2 wire elements

edgeracer1

Extreme
So I was hired to swap bars riser etc on a 2008 nytro and the owner brought me 2 wire (black/white) elements and when I cut old ones off I noticed that there 3 wire. Is it possible to use them or should I just return and get the rsi 3 wire. If it is what colors should I splice into?

Not sure if anything different from 08 to 09 or not. But on my 09 there are only 2 black coming from the snowmobile. If you cut off 3-wire they were most likely added later. Dig into the harness on the handle bars to find where the 3 wire and 2 wire are spliced together.

There are several posts covering this issue. A quick search should answer most any wiring questions you have.

Ok so after reading through old posts it’s looking like for most heat tye red/blue together? Have people found it nessesary to add the resistor and does it matter which of the two factory wires I tye them into.

It don't matter which black goes which wires. Yes, the red/blue goes together on the rsi heaters that I have installed in the past.
The last set (different brand) I installed were 3 wire but were different colors so I had to do some trial and error to get them working.

I'm not sure about the resistor you're talking about. Again, I don't know what was different in '08. The only time I've seen anything like that was on an older, used machine I bought and the guy had bypassed the machine's wiring and wired straight to the battery and there was a resistor inline there somewhere.

Back