• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with "New" 2005 Venture RS

sqduc

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha Venture RS
Hello, brand new to this site and this sled. Bought it last year from an estate sale. Has less than 100 miles on it and is really brand new. The gentleman I bought it from privately had it serviced prior to sale at local dealer ( carbs, ect.) I put new factory plugs in it. Took it up to cabin in Ny two weekends ago and wanted to try it out. Started it and let it warm up. Went into seasonal road and the thing was running poorly, wouldn't rev and was getting 25 mph tops out of it. On the way back down road, bang....it revs and rips....thought something in clutch ot something must have been stuck for sitting all these years. Today, 2 weeks later I go to start, it just clicks, but battery is good...click, click....loud bang from clutch area....get to start cranking, fires up....warm up, take on trail....not revving again now, 25 tops, real doggy. Pulled into driveway, let idle... take back on trail, rips again......for 20 seconds. Now wont take throttle or rev again. Where to start?? Will be 3 1/2 hours away from it. Any help much appreciated, hope to figure out and not take to a dealer....Thank you!!! Scott

I would start with fuel. Is the fuel in the tank fresh? Also, if it has been sitting for a long period of time I would suspect carbs. Its possible the guy you bought it off of did not actually get the carbs cleaned. Drain fuel tank, new fuel and pull and properly clean carbs that would be my suggestion.

Also, verify that you have spark.....

Thanks for your response. I was wondering if maybe the fuel pumps are "deteriorated" from sitting si long and cant keep bowls full? Weird that a few times it ripped. Also not sure why clutch area made bang, sounds different at times. This thing literally is a time capsule, which is mostly the problem. Cant wait to figure her out and run it.

My 08 RS Venture GT did the same thing, I added all new gas with 91 octain and no additives then added 1 full can of Sea Foam in the tank started her up and she ran poor so next I picked up a can of Sea Foam carb/intake cleaner with the long red spray tube and shot it into the carbs until the can was empty and BINGO the sucker ran like a champ! When these sled sit with low octain gas and gas with ethanol they get gummed up real quick.

Back