• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP!

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
Broke my steering knuckle and ski column on ride this weekend and new parts are
$500 new!!!! looking for used parts need canadian used parts oly as the exchange is rediculous. Where is a good spot to buy used parts any where in Canada? .......Broke the left side.

ad460d1755c9f7404036f67fb49ee264.jpg
5817db889f41320e28b6da5ac5e14d67.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Try Kijiji. Snowmobile parts. Trenton. There is a guy who usually has a whack of apex and rx1 parts available. Not sure what he may have available.

I'm having a hard time locating is there a business name?

Searched Bellevile and Trenton area. Apex parts. Has a phone number in ad 613-827-0024 .looks like he has 2011 front end parts

He has ad listed under "all ads" not under snowmobile or auto.

Looks tweeked pretty good there Murse :mad: and doesn't take much of a jolt to do this kind of damage, don't ask me how I know :(
From my experience, I would think that your knuckle journals and bolts are tweeked as well, maybe you already know this if you have it torn down.
The hardened journals that run in the bushings crack and flare open on the ends, and the long bolts bend fairly easy. I had to drive my bolts out with a drift punch and hammer. And Yamaha doesn't give those items away either.
There is a sled recycler down this way in London Ontario called Snowlinesports, that is where I got my knuckle, complete with bolts and journals. They have a website. General rule of thumb with these guys is half price of OEM for used parts.
Good luck!

I've emailed sportsline thanks! Ugh this is frustrating it was on a closed trail on train tracks. I knew it was there. Lazy on me to refuse to turn around. Pricey mistake.

I called bent toys they are hooking me up half price. Thanks! Plus my bolt isn't bent so that's a plus.

that is good. I would have offered you mine but I need the spindle after a tree incident.

Back