• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help

Patrick G

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper XTX Se
Help ! 22 Sidewinder stock . Cold start issues …. No start and once started only running on 1 or 2 cylinders….. Relays all replaced, new battery… 4th time at shop , nobody has a clue. Only does this when cold under 20* and will start ok and run ok the rest of the weekend, sits for 4 days then same no start , hard start , bad running…. Until the engine warms up.

Is this the sidewinder that was posted on FB with the video?

Try changing the plugs?
Plugs,battery,relays and supposedly checked the injectors. The service department claimed they were in contact with Yamaha, I called yesterday and as of yet they had not opened a claim…. So now I’m left wondering why the service department is lying to me….

Is this the sidewinder that was posted on FB with the video?
Yes it is …
Plugs,battery,relays and supposedly checked the injectors. The service department claimed they were in contact with Yamaha, I called yesterday and as of yet they had not opened a claim…. So now I’m left wondering why the service department is lying to me….

Try changing the plugs?
Yes. Plugs,battery,relays and supposedly checked the injectors. The service department claimed they were in contact with Yamaha, I called yesterday and as of yet they had not opened a claim…. So now I’m left wondering why the service department is lying to me….

Whether or not the dealer has filed a claim or not. They are a crap dealer for having let this go on so long. There is -ZERO- excuse for a dealer throwing their hands up in the air and not fighting on your behalf.

Whether or not the dealer has filed a claim or not. They are a crap dealer for having let this go on so long. There is -ZERO- excuse for a dealer throwing their hands up in the air and not fighting on your behalf.
We have been kind of calm because it’s hard to reproduce the issue until it gets cold out…. However, last season we had it in to a dealer up in northern Wisconsin 2x and each time they returned it to us with the same issue, doing it right in front of them when we tried to pick it up…. We did get a hold of Yamaha yesterday and the new person we talked to is going to be contacting the dealer and getting the ball rolling. The first person we talked to from Yamaha two weeks ago so we couldn’t do anything until the dealer opened a claim..

You would think that they’re would be someone from Yamaha motor division on this form ???? Somebody from corporate must keep an eye on where the masses go to talk about their product ….

Had similar problem on a Cat 7000 4 stroke. ran fine in the warm. when temps dropped it would not start. He only ever ran the recommended 87 octane gas even after I told him to run premium. Long story short, took the gas tank off and drained it, added premium fuel. Must have been water in the tank. has run fine for two years now. Just a thought.

Any fuel with ethanol can separate causing a lot of issues, stay away from 87 if at alll possible.

I agree start with the simple things like draining the fuel and filling with fresh premium fuel preferably ethonal free. Add a can of sea foam for the first tank of fuel and then change the spark plugs.
If it is still acting up and is only affecting one cylinder you first need to determine which cylinder it is.
Then its a simple process of elimination.
-spark plug
-coil
-injector
-compression
A long shot would be a throttle body issue...one of my riding friends had to get the whole throttle body assembly replaced on his 2022 X-TX LE SW before it would run properly. Fortunately it was on warranty.

i agree it sounds like you might have some water in fuel and freezes in injectors or pump until warm then runs, put some antifreeze in tank and fresh high octane fuel.

Back