• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help

i agree it sounds like you might have some water in fuel and freezes in injectors or pump until warm then runs, put some antifreeze in tank and fresh high octane fuel.
Do you think this would continue on through the entire season and now this season ?? Why wouldn’t all the injectors freeze ? Update…. Dealer says they can’t duplicate problem again …. We plan a surprise pickup as we think they have been starting each day and not listening to how we encounter the issue ….

Had similar problem on a Cat 7000 4 stroke. ran fine in the warm. when temps dropped it would not start. He only ever ran the recommended 87 octane gas even after I told him to run premium. Long story short, took the gas tank off and drained it, added premium fuel. Must have been water in the tank. has run fine for two years now. Just a thought.
that sounds about right..water, cheap gas

So after two weeks at the shop got the sled back yesterday…. Battery replaced, plugs replaced, injectors checked, etc… Start attempt 10* outside ….. 2 fuel pump cycles, 8 sec starter run, fires up …..
in the past starter would run for a 3 count and shut off by itself….
im happy to see that it fired up , however they had been starting and running it every day when we told them it need to sit for a day or two to get the problem to replicate…..
Anyway we have it back and ready to go…. Will update as the season goes on , hoping for the best! Thanks for all the ideas !
Merry Christmas !!

Last edited:
Hope they got it figured out for you.. I think starting in 20 they switch to the starter not staying on, my 20 only cranks a few times and stater cuts out.

I see so many cycling the pump on injected sleds. But I never see anyone do it with their cars or pickups.

I see so many cycling the pump on injected sleds. But I never see anyone do it with their cars or pickups.
When I cycle the pump on both the Sidewinder & Harley it takes longer to start. I just turn the key on both, they start right up.

Back