• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help :-(

SNOxrACEr6

Veteran
I’m in my garage as I speak trying to change my track and I cant get this darn bearing off can someone please help me with this )-:

The image is of the clutch side of the sled

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 108

are there different kinds of bearing pullers? because the one i got from autozone pulled from the center of the bearing and would not fit in that center hole

Gibby said:
did you loosen up the two set screws?
At least the RX-1 had set screws in the speedo bearing.

Yes make shure to loosen them, you have 2 of them on the inside part of tunnel kind of hard place to reach, I use a wratchet w/extension and I always forget size of TORX I think its 20...it uasuly slides right off...

If that GIRL in your avatar is home I'll go and remove that BEARING for you NO CHARGE just to have a cup of coffee with her... ;):D :drink:

It should slide right of once you loosen the set screws, before you install the new one back on, lighly sand the end of the shaft and put a bit of ANTISEIZE on the shaft for the next time you take her appart.... ;)!

Gibby said:
did you loosen up the two set screws?
At least the RX-1 had set screws in the speedo bearing.

Yes, make sure you back the screws out far enough. The ONLY time I've seen that bearing stick, is if it overheated from lack of grease. I've actually busted pullers on these so make sure you have a MAPP tourch handy.

Thanks for the replies, everyone here is very quick to help out and its much appreciated. I’m gonna start working on it again tomorrow wish me luck!! Oh and apltx08 I have a life size cut-out of her is that good enough??

Use a pry bar and take it off, and dont be afraid to really try hard. Remove the set screws and do not loose them.

If what others said doenst work, then you can use a dremel with a cut off wheel to cut through the raceways and remove. 100% guarenteed to remove it if all else fails. Ususally, you shouldnt have a problem, and like already stated, these are not pressed on.

If your replacing the bearing you may want to try some heat to get it off.

Remove the set screws completely, get yourself a new bearing as that one will no longer be good after beating on it. If removing the set screws completely doesn't work, try a gear puller (the two or three prong type), lightly tapping on it, or if worst comes to worst, add heat. Use the Anti sieze as recomended, it works.

Back