• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hesitation in trottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

East coast, Charlottetown. Yeah it is a good idea to take them up in reverse unsess your in the soft stuff however there is another brand you can get that you can leave out all the time not sure the brand tho. The 2010 mtx has scratchers on it from factory.

The missing is a problem. It ticks me off every time I ride it and it bugs me worse that yamaha thumbs their noses at us with these problems. Like the warmers they'll get this problem fixed in a couple of years and tell us to upgrade to fix the problem. They bet the cost of loosing smart consumers will sting less than fixing the problem across the board. This is comon Moderator Edit thinking and I get to deal with it all the time. It doesn' make me dislike the sled however I will think twice before jumping into the dumb consumer pool again. Perfect example (I hate Ski doo) is the xp junk that ski doo put out last year, they knew it was a pile and instead of telling everyone to buy an 09 to upgrade they put the 09 upgrades on the 08s. Untill Yamaha is willing to stand behind this stuff they won't be taken seriosly in the industry. They a verry arogant company.

T

You make some good points, i have a long history with yamaha, my 1st machine was a yamaha and every one since, atv,s dirt bikes, everything that a workin man enjoys on a weekend i have bought it from Yamaha.
I`m disappointed though,it really seems that i`m not gonna get help with this problem, it makes me fell like my machine is a piece off junk!! the thing is working bad and sounding bad. if io get pissed off enough to go with another company it`ll be very stupid for yamaha. thanks

Think everyone needs to take a deep breath here. I have no idea what you guys are talking about if you guys are this tore up about it! Does this thing have a minor hesitation even before clutch engagement or are you talking about a miss or sputter during idle where you RPM's drop to 1000 or 1200 & then back up to 1500 RPM? Maybe you need to post a sound clip if you can so we really know what you're talking about! If it's only when you slowly press the throttle and then get a little hesitation around 2000-2500RPM then I say get over it man, seriously. I don't mean that in a rude way at all either. If you really think you have a piece of junk then you're the consumer, go by a different brand. The ball's in your court.

T T T, I seen in an earlier post that you signed off Ted Naber. You the Naber boys that have the Kawasaki dealer in Shellbrook? Wanna book my Brute Force 650i in this spring for some pipe work!

Geez Blue 4`s !!!!!!!!!! i like my Yammies but you must have blue lips ha ha ha
you mean to tell me that if you went to test drive a new product and heard a gap in the engine rpms that you wouldn`t be concerned? and ask the sales person to explain it? get real man!!!! yamaha has the ability to fix this bottom line!!!!!!!!

Roger that Blue, thats me, give me a holler, if your around here when we have snow I'll let you take mine for a rip and you can see what you think. I've rode 5 other nytros around here and they all do the same thing mine just sounds worse because of the pipe. I've talked with enough people about it that I know what it is, yamaha does too.. the snowcrossers have different CDIs to bypass the engine brake reduction which is giving the engine a big shot of air on trailing throttle. Every time I open the tap I get the hessitation and pop.

Ted

Well T T T you just explained it very well in that post, the other fella was comin across a little muddled! I now realize what you're saying about the engine brake! I know the race sleds don't have the same ECU as our sleds, EBS is prolly something you don't want on the track although I do like it on the trail! I don't have this on take off although I do get a little pop every now & then when I let off of the go stick to coast! Mine's mostly a burble! I have heard that this is significantly more pronounced with a pipe!

Just traded my Apex for a Nytro and it has a glas pack on it. Every time I let off the throttle it will pop and have a small hesitation before it rips again. Very annoying off trail, not to bad on trail, but still isn't right.
The 05 Rage I had never had this isssue, the 07 Apex mnt never had this issue. The Nytro has this ISSUE. I hope theres a fix as I will get ride of the sled and go back to the Apex, unless Polaris finally builds a real 4 stroke, not a wimmpy turboed 2 cylinder.
:o| :o| #$%&*
Brett

I'll just throw in $0.02 and say that the 08 nytro I just bought has the same little hesitation when you first pick the r's off idle. I never notice any hesitation anywhere in the motor except when I'm going from idle r's up to engagement. I also notice the rumble & slight popping when coasting from high speed into a corner. Sounds like I'm at the stock car track, but on a smaller scale...lol.

Yea, thats the thing we are all talking about ,it doesn`t really affect the performance, i notice it most when i`m puttin the machine in my truck of backing out of my garage.
Yamaha shouldn`t allow little glitches like this they are a very inovative company and shouldn`t settle for such little scars on thier record!

Hey greggie42,
Much snow back home? Not much here in SK. This is what I done. Try a full tank of 91 octane, with 1/3 can Seafoam. Drive it hard. Worked wonders on mine and my buddies. I do this for routine maintenance now about every 4-5 tanks!! Keeps the Nytro in front of the pack.
Dame

West Coast, Corner Brook. Been living in northern SK for about two years. Seafoam is a combustion cleaner, stabilizer, conditioner, etc. I use it in all my engines, works great!! I meant to say use a 1/4 can not 1/3. Took the hesitation out of the XTX. NAPA here carries it. Hope this helps.
Dame

Back