• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hesitation off idle -- anyone else??

Thewhitedogg

Extreme
I have the 07 Apex GT, no engine or clutch mods(yet). Was out today with it. When nailing it from a dead stop and idle there is a very noticable hesitation before the rpms jump. almost like it dumps too much fuel and bogs it down. Then, when it reaches 10,000 +/- rpm's there is another little hiccup for a split second. It drops a couple hundred rpm's and the pulls to 10,500 and stays there. Tried a couple runs taking off from a dead stop, but raised the rpm's to 2500 then nailed it. Didnt bog at take off but still had a little burp at 10500. Sled has 1500 miles on it. Other than this, the sled runs sweet. 112 on GPS
Any one with any suggestions?

I've noticed the same thing, but I have cr10ek's and air box mods now, along with a clutch kit. It still does the same stuff, even after adjusting the EFI with the gauge cluster. I've been wondering if a Boondocker (or equiv.) would help this????

06 apex gt, had that problem from day one and dealer told me it would go away after it gets broken in, needless to say out of warranty and still thier, install a power commander

I hade same problem on 06 rtx. On mine it was a lean pop. I added fuel on the low end and it cleaned up the bog.

Back