• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hesitation question.

Ok. I pulled my plugs today to change them. This time they were fairly white. I am thinking I flooded it yesterday when it was giving me a hard time starting. Now I am sure I am lean. I noticed that when I was in the "sputtering" RPM range when I put the choke fully on the engine smoothed out and picked up about 800 RPM. Then it ran smooth at all positions except idle. Can it be a plugged Jet? The only strange thing is that ALL The plugs looked identical. Which makes me makes me question a blocked jet unless EVERY cylinder has the same jet clogged. Ideas?

95% of the time it's either carbs or plugs those little pilot jets seem to plug real easy. Clean the jets and change the plugs. If it still won't run turn off the lights in the garage and look for arcing around the plugs those coils occasionally work loose use a little dielectric grease and make sure they are seated firmly.

Well I got my problem solved. I pulled the carbs and flushed the jets. Put it all back together and "Viola!" Problem solved. I was hesitant to take this task on having never done it before but it was easy.

Yeah cleaning them isn't a big deal, only takes about 2 hours. From what my buddy was saying he say water in some connecters, and took them apart, and greased them up and put it back together... And with 16-24" coming in tonight, I'm hoping that fixes the problem.

hesitation

Make sure you fit the rubber boots on the airbox over the carbs tight and snug when putting airbox back on.

Back