• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hid lites... Whats everyone running for temp(K) /color?

so the caps are on the bulbs themselves, and it depends on which bulbs you get if they have caps or not..if i understand correctly... now that leads to this question, can one companys ballast's run another companys bulbs if you didnt like the ones that came with your kit?

swmpr1 said:
so the caps are on the bulbs themselves, and it depends on which bulbs you get if they have caps or not..if i understand correctly... now that leads to this question, can one companys ballast's run another companys bulbs if you didnt like the ones that came with your kit?

Most H4 kits come with them, mine are held on with three small torx srews and come off easy, as far as mix matchng, probly can but couldnt say for sure.

Ok, so its night time here and we have a little snow left from this morning so I took the Nytro for a hot lap to check out theses HID's . From what I can tell these are brighter then any sled I have ever riden. I did notice that my hi/lo seemed to be operating funky, when I pullled it back into the shop to inspect I found that the positve wire for the hi/lo function was pulled out of the socket (pin) only on the one side thought, I pushed it in and it clicked into place an stayed there, after that it was all good, I felt that the low had a good spread on the suface ahead of me and the hi seemed good, I didnt have a long area to really test it out but I got a feel for what the output will be, I dont forsee any disapointment with the HID system on a Nytro, This is with NO reflector caps installed!!

OK breath.

stopdropanroll said:
TurboJamie said:
Here are some pics from our last season, you can see in the side by side the halogen does porject farther infront of the sled.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

What kalvin was that? seems pretty blue, kelvin also has a affect on snow, lower the better.

4300k like I said they appear to be brighter as in your case all alone. Put them side by side and the lense just does not lend its self well to HID.

TurboJamie said:
stopdropanroll said:
TurboJamie said:
Here are some pics from our last season, you can see in the side by side the halogen does porject farther infront of the sled.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

What kalvin was that? seems pretty blue, kelvin also has a affect on snow, lower the better.

4300k like I said they appear to be brighter as in your case all alone. Put them side by side and the lense just does not lend its self well to HID.

Will do!

thanks for the replys, im gonna try it with the 4300's and see what happens, worse case put them in the phazer.

swmpr1 said:
thanks for the replys, im gonna try it with the 4300's and see what happens, worse case put them in the phazer.

If you must vvme makes a really cheap kit which is what I use in everything. 78 bucks US for Bi-Xenon lights.

Back