• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High/Low Idle issue!?!

Mtn-Track

Extreme
Did some searching but haven't really found anything about it.....

My 07 Vector has a high and low idle that seems to work on a cold start. But once it's warmed up it drops from a high idle to a low idle after about 5 seconds, then quits. If I adjust the idle up a little, it stays on high idle, which I think is too high. I can't seem to get the sweet spot in the middle and it's really getting anoying! :o|

Anybody else have this issue? What am I missing here? :dunno:

Dealer hasen't been any help on this one......... :drink:

I don't know much about the three banger, but cleaning out all jets and float bowls, check O-rings, and sync the carbs would be a good start if you can't get it to idle correctly.

My Vector had a very fine line between high and low idle. I just let it idle at about 2000 and it would eventually come down. I sort of liked it as it would reduce engine braking.

Thank's for the replies guy's! I guess I'll adjust it so it stays on high idle. Every time I stop, after about 5-10 seconds it still drops to low idle then stalls out. Carbs have been gone through several times and it didn't make any difference. :o|

I had the same problem on a 05 vector.If I remember correctly the pilot jets were fixed.I would try installing the next size richer pilot jet.The richer mixture should lower the rpm at idle.hope this helps...

Back