• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low Idle Afr Nytro

Make sure you are using the proper sensor. And make sure it is not a china knock off. I have had issues with knock off ones.

I have a 2016 SR VIPER turbo RTX with an AEM AFR gauge and it's reading --- on idle. I lowered my gem controller to #1 on idle from #4 and gauge still reads --- on idle. Anyone have any ideas on why I'm getting this reading?

I have a 2016 SR VIPER turbo RTX with an AEM AFR gauge and it's reading --- on idle. I lowered my gem controller to #1 on idle from #4 and gauge still reads --- on idle. Anyone have any ideas on why I'm getting this reading?
Did it ever read correctly?

It did read numbers on the gauge before. It didn't always read --- on my gauge. It idles fine, I cleaned the end of my sensor in the exhaust but still reading ---

It did read numbers on the gauge before. It didn't always read --- on my gauge. It idles fine, I cleaned the end of my sensor in the exhaust but still reading ---
Could be bad connection. Usually when o2 fails it shows full lean or higher numbers. But if you run race gas, it will take out 02 sensors faster.

I am going to do a few test runs a see my numbers. It only reads --- on idle. Gives numbers once I give it throttle.

I am going to do a few test runs a see my numbers. It only reads --- on idle. Gives numbers once I give it throttle.
Oh that’s strange. Does it have a range that needs to be set. Sometimes some gauges will only read so fat like 10 before it does that unless you can lower a setting.

Ya it's idling fine. My engagement, midrange, and under boost is reading what mpi says it should. Strange that my idle is the only reading that's messed up.

When I turn the key on it shows 14 then drops slowly to around 12 then it goes all the way to 17.9 (which is max on gauge) then ---. And the engine is not running yet. I start the engine and it still reads ---

When I turn the key on it shows 14 then drops slowly to around 12 then it goes all the way to 17.9 (which is max on gauge) then ---. And the engine is not running yet. I start the engine and it still reads ---
Try powering it up after the sled is running.

If it goes to full max when 02 is usually shot but I have seen them fault out for. Ignition spikes and are fine if you power them after the machine is running.

Back