• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle/Hurricane 2 year update w/pics

HURRICANE said:
We sell a new modified lid with direction of how and where to drill the bottom.The mod is only $150

Dave,

I purchased the full system from you last year (Including cutting the bottom off of the box and intake mod) and am getting a hesitation right when I hit the throttle. It's not just the hindle system. There are several threads about intake and exhaust mods from excell, and others with the same issue. I'm kind of thinking that it's due to lack of back pressure? What is your opinion on this subject? Is there a fix for this? Updated mapping perhaps?

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=106161

00-NUKE said:
HURRICANE said:
We sell a new modified lid with direction of how and where to drill the bottom.The mod is only $150

Dave,

I purchased the full system from you last year (Including cutting the bottom off of the box and intake mod) and am getting a hesitation right when I hit the throttle. It's not just the hindle system. There are several threads about intake and exhaust mods from excell, and others with the same issue. I'm kind of thinking that it's due to lack of back pressure? What is your opinion on this subject? Is there a fix for this? Updated mapping perhaps?

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=106161

The Hesitation is caused by the "EBRS" Electronic Brake Reduction System. It controls engine idle RPM, and it reduces engine braking by allowing a small amount of air into the intake tract giving the sled the coast feel. The hesitation can be corrected by a Fuel Management system in certain RPM levels, but be prepared to loose major MPG and have any where from 9.0-12.0 AFR depending on low speed throttle postition "woods riding". So until someone comes up with a New ECU we are stuck with somewhat of a Hesitaion.

The map Dave created for my RB3 and the Hurricane kit has ZERO hesitation....I ran all last season without any blips, farts, sputters, hesitations...it was spot on!

HURRICANE said:
Yes Ryan but he is right.If you look at the map,we added fuel to that area on the map

Yep, if I remember correctly the A/F is in the high 11s at that area...either way, the map you have for the RB3 is spot on. ;)!

Off topic...the 6mm over bore gets you how many CC? You've got the wheels spinning in my head again lol. Oh ya...will it run on 87?

Ok I'll bite...
Just tell me the spike spots where I need to add fuel to the PC5 map.
So I can clean up my 2 hesitations.

Hey Mach 9, I'm running your map and the only problem I have is from 3400 to around 4000 rpm. There's a slight burble sound but after that point there's nothing. And from a dead stop to WOT she doesn't miss.

nytroman20 said:
Hey Mach 9, I'm running your map and the only problem I have is from 3400 to around 4000 rpm. There's a slight burble sound but after that point there's nothing. And from a dead stop to WOT she doesn't miss.

Yep, right around 3400 to 4000. It's a quick double hit hesitation when trail riding... Roll on throttle between corner to corner.

HURRICANE said:
I wonder if I have a map with further development since we did yours.Can you email me your map?

Dave... will do. Sending the map we use to your INFO email account.
Thanks for this.
Mach9

do you have to have a fuel controller when running the lid with the holes in it?and a mbrp silencer?

Back