• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hood tab broken 2023 srx

blown apex

VIP Member
Website
ristermotorsports.com
i was looking at my 23 srx with 800 miles all stock and left side of hood was higher than right side
removed hood to find left tab broken off and rt side cracked
is there a fix for this or will they warranty this i have the 5 year
ive never had hood off
i have 3 2023 srxs and just got a 2025srx
i will inspect the others

i wonder if anyone has made a repair like the apex light tabs that broke
thanks

Not on a sidewinder hood but I have done a lot of plastic welding on the outlander, a couple of kayaks, and a bunch of household gear. Plastic welding does much better than glue or epoxy, you have to plan out ahead of time how best to support the piece in question and use some the appropriate staples or other material but its a really straightforward process. If it will be a visible repair (like middle of a panel) then I might opt for a replacement but for something like a tab or inner fix you can create a quite strong bond with plastic welding.

In the below, someone tried to steel a canoe that was locked to a post by pulling repeatedly on the rope cord. The canoe was upside down and they must have just thought it was stuck so they kept pulling resulting on the cord ripping through the hull. I ended up plastic welding it back together using steel staples and reinforcing from the inside with steel mesh. The canoe has been back in service for several years now and gets hauled around by kids tugging on that rope and the repair has held up well.

20220702_152344901_iOS (Small).jpg
20220702_163108201_iOS (Small).jpg
20220703_195546088_iOS (Small).jpg
20240825_144807192_iOS (Small).jpg
20241014_181607503_iOS (Small).jpg

I tried to squeeze between two trees at speed and the back end kicked out causing one mud flair to get ripped off and the footwell to get torn. The damage is much more extensive than what you see as the foot well was split almost all the way across to the inner fender area. In fact I only noticed the damage when I could hear the footwell scraping on the tire. The gap you see is being held in place by zip ties for a trail fix. Once I got back I took off all the plastic and footwells and repaired it on the bench. It has held up very well through tough riding conditions ever since. Its not pretty but its strong.

The outlander gets ridden HARD so all of the scratches around that area are normal wear and tear.

Had a tab on the side panel of my '21 break. Dealer was able to get it warrantied.

Back