• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do I carry extra gas on an Attak?

auto385

Going on a big trip in Quebec this weekend. Some trails don't have gas for at least 120-130 miles. I feel a lot better if I would be able to carry an extra gallon or 2 of fuel with me. Does anybody have an idea about this?

Get some exhaust turn outs. They're just bolt on tips that will redirect the exhaust as to not melt the can.
As far as strapping it down, if you don't install bolt on loops just get creative with a ratchet strap and cinch it down tight.

Hate to say it, but I bought the ski doo can, and put the tips outs on. 12 litre tank, perfect for those long trips. I put some heat reflective tape on the can just incase. Rode it for 2 weeks with no gas just to make sure, and it was perfect. Snow on the can after a long trip. Just sucks to have skidoo parts on my sled.

tour buddy gas tanks or Koplin gas tanks

Used the tour buddy gas tanks on my SX-R 700 and they worked great, it added 2.5 gallons of fuel to extend range to over 160 miles. See if they have one for your sled. Also you can add the Koplin gas cans with I use on my 4-wheeler and dirt bikes which add 1.5 gallons for the Koplin Jr. tank with a slick mounting system that you could mount to the rear of the tunnel behind where your feet rest. By adding one on each side you would even the weight out and within the first 30-40 miles you could empty them into your tank and no more weight problem. I mounted them where the number plate of my dirt bike is and they never had any durability issues on it. You can mount them almost anywhere. Check out Cabelas.com under ATV accessories for the Koplin gas tanks that come with its own mounting system.

Back