• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how do rx1's jump

younggun

Veteran
im wonderin how well rx1's jump because this is pretty much the deciding factor if i get one or not. I've had plenty of seat time on them (over 4 hours) but its my dad sled and he doesnt want me breaking it so i cant really jump it. Do you guys have any help for me. I pretty much only go about 8 or 9 feet up but dont want to break anything if i go bigger also sometimes teh landings are rough. Can this sled take the abuse and launch well

not that good if u land it in the flat . but i jumped mine 38ft and it was g8 just don't land it flat

were u up 38 feet or out 38 feet but i guess either is still big but ya anything that im doing big is always downhill landing wut i meant by rough was sometimes there a little rutted out on small flat jumps

Mine both jump great.

Attachments

• DSC01660.jpg
    DSC01660.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 106
The RX-1 is great at both jumps and drops (as seen in SoCoRX1's pic). I have never personally done a drop on mine (too chicken) but have jumped it plenty of times and watched guys drop off cornices. The extra weight of a Yamaha is due to it's more durable materials used during the build. I weight 280 lbs with gear yet my running boards are still straight. Here's a picture of on take off. This is with an extra 20+ lbs in the front end (added a supercharger).

Jim

Attachments

• Cooke%20City%2001%2D06%20166%2Ejpg.jpg
    Cooke%20City%2001%2D06%20166%2Ejpg.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 80
SoCo you are nuts.

I have a rule for guys like you, DONT EVER DO ANYTHING STUPID ON A SLED...........
if the video camera isnt running!

sweet thats awsome you can do it i've got one questoin though on some jumps i have to let of the throttle a little befor take off to get the right angle and i was wondering if engine brakeing was a problem with this

also i found a screaming deal on a really nice 03 4200 with 1700mi and lots of bling is this a good deal

ttt so you guys dont think the front will nose dive a lot off of drops still wasnt able to drop anything or jump anything on my dads sled this weekend but saturday we had a bluesky powder day with a bunch of nice drops but sucked when i couldnt ride anymore cz my stupid summit ran out of gas so i had to borrow a few gallons from my dads rx1

Back