• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Do you rate your APEX sled?? POLL

POWER.. 9.5
HANDLING 7.0
RIDE 8.0
ERGONOMICS 9.5
FIT AND FINISH 9.

I have a GT .My sled handle like crap and bottoms out alot.I weight about 200 and have the spring tighen all the way up and still bottoms out.The sled also darts real bad.At high speeds it's hard to keepp it on the trail.

Love the power and everthing else.

Apex GT..........only 85 miles. Can't say I'm either impressed or dissapointed ! Just another sled. I can tell you though, I will never buy another roadside wreck with those stupid take off panels. I can't imagine why these would save enough weight to compensate for the royal PITA of these removable panels. I dread the chore of removal of these panels just to check the oil, anti freeze and belt ! Thank goodness I still have my 800 EFI AC mountain Cat.

I have around 600 miles on my RTX - overall I love it. I would rate it a 9.0 in most categories - engine gets a 9.5 along with ride. I would love to see them do a higher output version - like others have said, once your get used to the power, you want more! I would love a 175hp version....overall this thing flat our rocks. No sore shoulders anymore - the only pain I have is the muscles in my face from grinning so darn much.

Nice job Yamaha - fix the handwarmers and the idlers and add about 25hp and you have the best machine ever built. Period.

Ole Timer said:
Apex GT..........only 85 miles. Can't say I'm either impressed or dissapointed ! Just another sled. I can tell you though, I will never buy another roadside wreck with those stupid take off panels. I can't imagine why these would save enough weight to compensate for the royal PITA of these removable panels. I dread the chore of removal of these panels just to check the oil, anti freeze and belt ! Thank goodness I still have my 800 EFI AC mountain Cat.

Yeah panels S U C K I forgot to add that ...

Out of the big three this (in my opinion) was the best machine by far...

T-Bone said:
dirkdiggler said:
Rotax! said:
Power is an 8, I would of like to see 160 in this beast because of the weight factor.

At 150 hp and at it's current weight the Apex out performed the Lighter and more Powerful sleds at the shootout.

Would 160 to 200 Hp be nice?? Yes it would but the Power to weight isn't a factor according to the shootout results.

where can we get the shootout results?

Shoot-Out Results
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=20540&highlight=results

The shoot out results dont really mean much.. If you notice all the sleds were within thousandths of a second.. Proving that all the new iron is just as fast.. and on another day might be faster depending on conditions..

panels are definitly a pain in the BUTT.. but the performance of the sled over shines the things that bother us..

Love my Apex it is a great package. After riding with some of my Buddies last week, Fusion, Rev 800 I wuold have to give this thing high scores I rode the Fuse (ugh let me off) then the Rev and was starting to like the Rev good power decent handling lots of clunking noises from the skis. But then I got back on the Apex and it was pure heaven the engine rips and is so smoothe with awesome response, perfect ergonomics. My warmers work fine just keep your hands off the hooks. I would rate the engine a 10 vs. the competition and everything else a 9. What a great machine!

What is with me anyway. Side panels are fine, no problem at all, can take them off in 15 seconds each.

Love the sled, give it a 9.5 overall

love the power 10
love the fitnfinish 10
Ride is nice when I girl it 9
Handles like crap when I want to rip. 2
My attak bottoms all the time, front and rear. jumps, moguls, depressions. landings are always harsh. Twisted a-arms after less than 100 miles. Maybe my wife will like it.

Any advice regarding set-up and aftermarket would be appreciated.

Really don't have enough miles on my ATTAK YET................BUT....

...Enough 2 C Lots Of Good Things So Far ;)!

...Power...9

...Handling...7.125

...Ride...9.5

...Ergo's...9.0

...F & F...9.250

The Most Recognizable Change .......Without a Doubt, THE RIDE.........SUPER SWEET, Coming off a 04 Warrior. Riding Double We BOTH LOVE THE RIDE.

15 Or 20 MORE HP would B PERFECT............ ;)! ;)! ;)!

The handling will B Better with the New C&A Razors, Weight Transfer Adjustment & Front Limiter Strap sucked up 1 maybe 2 holes. I have the Front Shocks Just Loaded & Mono set 5/8 too max.

Fit & Finish.........It's a YAMAHA, Need I say anymore..........Mind U the Finish Now is Better than STOCK....9.750 SOON 2 B A 10.0

If I could get Yamaha 2 Add or Change 1 Thing........... Dump the BARO Gauge & Add a THERMOMETER ;)!

Attachments

• service pics 929.jpg
    service pics 929.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 105
Under 200 full gear. Wife and friends say I just need to settle down, they don't make a sled to suit my riding style. Addicted to speed, love the hang time, would rather skip across the rough stuff as opposed to slowing down (basic stuff). I don't think I'm that bad. There's certainly more extreme riders than me out there. Must have more money for repairs than I.

Back