• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just got off the 2011 apex SE & XTX

Compared the the Vector LTX it felt much more forgiving. They did not have much weight transfer on these sleds but the traction was as good as you are going to get on the rip saw. The skis did not lift either like the Vector did in the corners.

The xtx was purposely set up to have all the weight in the front to show off the eps. A quick limiter strap change would fix that. I checked where the suspensions were set up before my ride. The limiter strap was tight, transfer rods were backed off. The sled was not set up for traction at all as it would spin the track at just about any speed. The 3 way adjuster was set at medium & as a heavy guy I could not make it bottom pounding thru the bumps. The rear skid literaly felt like your sitting on a big marshmallow!!

ARGGG...dam you xtx...get out of my head!!!!

Turk said:
ARGGG...dam you xtx...get out of my head!!!!

I know the feeling.......

My dealer said they plan to sell them for $13,999

I'm getting one, but I'm gonna wait for 2012 model year with SE package in all black (right, Yamaha?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

Mike

i rode sleds in mayville feb. 6th i was very impressed with the ride of the apex very smooth and i think the power is deceiveing because they are very smooth and the 2010 ltx and my 06 gt feel stronger when you hit the throttle but the new sleds will be faster when setup like my sled which is studded, clutched and geared. we have a 2010 vector ltx gt and that sled is very smooth compared to my apex but itwill run with me to 80 mph before i go away and is much nicer to ride all day, i did bottom a new apex hittihg a hole at the bottom of a hill but i'm 280 lb's and i don't know how stiff the sled was setup. the only complaint i have is i thought i wanted the xtx but it vibrated bad under hard accillration so did the nitro xtx but not as bad. is this common on these? other wise very nice sled but too much money will have to see how much a 2011 128" suspension will cost to put in mine to update the ride quality of my 06.

Back