• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How loud is a rear mount turbo?

Apex Man

Pro
Please tell me how quiet they are, I don't want loud nor do I want that external muffler thing. I like the rear mount turbo and if it is too loud I'll go with a supercharger but will have to pay the fuel penalty all the time.

Thanks,
Moon

Lets just say there is no muffler on the MCX. To me it sounds great and is tolerable with a good helmet, but I know that something has to be done to quiet it down to be at least close to legal.
I’m not a big fan of Bender Turbos, but they did figure out a good system on Apex to keep the sound down.

Dan

I have the Bender quiet muffler and it is better than their original muffler, but still loud compared to a stock sled.

Apex Man said:
Please tell me how quiet they are, I don't want loud nor do I want that external muffler thing. I like the rear mount turbo and if it is too loud I'll go with a supercharger but will have to pay the fuel penalty all the time.

Thanks,
Moon

It isn't as loud as a tripple with stingers, but is louder that say a stocker with an aftermarket exhaust.

Apex Man said:

Thanks,
Moon

Go to snowest forum and do a search on the Thunder Charger. Not all superchargers are created equal.

Mcxpress makes a quiet muffler package that makes it stock decibel levels. Go to their website and look at their video they have posted in the apex turbo section, really trick deal and sounds good too.

I dumped the exhaust into the tunnel and it is quiter than stock.

turbo noise level.

My Bender Stage two with quiet muffler sounds like a mildly piped Apex. Slightly louder than stock. Love the sound. Not too loud but respectable! ;)!

Back