• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how low have you let your slidders wear?

snoguzzler1 said:
My slidders have been down to less then 1/4" inch all year about a foot from the back of the sled since the season started. I've got about 1200 miles on it this year. Right now I'm at about 1/8" at this spot. I've been trying to see how long they last as I've heard many times they stop wearing after the first little bit.
The reason I'm asking is we have a 4 day trip planned and I don't want them to wear out while we are away.
What do you guys think? Will they make it? It isnt a crazy long trip - probably about 400 miles all together.
Thanks

Unless your going to run on bare dirt they should make it.
Easy way to measure is with open end metric wrench.
New slides are approx. 18 mm or 0.710". Yamaha says to change at 10.5 mm or 0.410" the line or wide part will be pretty much gone by then. They will wear thru at about 8.5 mm or 0.335".
Once they get down - mine are at a tight 12mm or 0.476" and have just stayed there for the last 900 to 1000 miles, around 3000 miles now. They wear so fast at first we panick and I did on the 1st set. I'm sure I can put that same old set back on ( 13mm to 14mm )and get a couple thousand miles. Once they are worn so far the wheels must take the load and the wear seems to stop. I will not be changing mine till a loose 11mm or less than 0.436".

I can tell you for a fact the the line is dead accurate. Because on my last trip I put 475 miles on brand new hyfax. with 30 miles of gravel. The hyfax just before the curve where at the line and when i took them off there is a hole in them about 6 Inches long and the slide rail has been worn down to about an 1/8 of an inch in that spot. lucky me yeh $184 each.

Back