• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many 3000+ mile 05 RX-1's needed suspension repairs?

How have your 2005 RX-1 suspension's been holding up?

• No problems at all in 3000+ miles (other than a few bearings)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replaced the front pivot arm

• Replaced slide rails or installed reinforcement kit

• Replaced pivot arm and had rail updates

• Other problems including RA cable breaking

• A combination of or all of the above problems

• Total voters

I thought I'd bring this one back to the top to see how many new voters are out there after a few weeks.

What sort of problems did you have with yours?

Got the front pivot arm replaced under warranty with only 2200 kms on it, the arm showed hairline cracks and dealer changed it together with the RA-cable boot. This year I got replaced the rear shock under warranty as well, dealer installed a 2006 shock and spring assy when my 2005 shock broke. I am happy with Yamaha standing behind their products. I have only good things to say about Yamaha and my dealer for taking care of me.

Edit: Done for the season and took the skid out for inspection. Rails are bent inwards at the front idler wheels. This makes the front pivot arm to bottom out on the front idler wheel mounting on the slide rails, it is bent inward to the extent the pivot arm does not bottom out on the rubber stops at all. It doesn't seem that it have ever done so, the rubber stops have no wear marks from the pivot arm bottoming onto it. No wonder the pivot arms have broken on a lot of sleds. I also found cracks in the slide rails at several locations around the idler wheel mounting points.
I am going to my dealer first thing monday morning bringing my skid with me. This time Yamaha have to replace both front pivot arm and both slide rails with '06 stuff.

Man I hope I dont have problems like this or im gunna get an M-10 and put it under mine. I dont have any warranty left. I bought it off a buy who had tons and tons of $$$ he never buys extended warranties because if it breaks he just pays to fix it and he never keeps a sled for more than one season. His original warranty had run out when I bought the sled so I couldnt buy the YES warranty.

anyway.... My front pivot arm broke in half on the last ride of the season last year. the bar that goes horizontally across and has the control rod connected to it broke completely off on both sides.
I had it professionally welded back together since it was like $300 for a new one. I put rubberized undercoat on the entire thing to stop some of the rust from comming back.

My sled only has 1400 miles on it so I hope this isnt the beginning of a long road of suspension problems. I weigh 280 so I had the dealer put in a new fat boy spring so I will get a little better ride next year but I dont want stuff breaking all the time.

Back