• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many grease zerks on Phazer rear skid?

zook

TY 4 Stroke Guru
How many are there on the rear skid. I only found 3 of them. I just wanted to know if there were anymore hiding somewhere. What about the rest of the sled. The manual really isn't very clear.

Thanx

The ones I found don't take grease. the grease comes out alongside the zerk and the grease doesn't go into where it's supposed to go. I tried to twopart epoxey it, jB weld it , everything but put an arc to it. I think I'll melt the zerk If I try to sticik it. I don 't have a mig and my 7018's will mess it up. I'm waiting to hear from my dealler. :Rockon:

Well I looked in the manual and it says to have the dealer grease it. I 'm not doing that every time I need to grease it. I am really only talking about the rear skid that only had 3. I didn't even look any futher to find the rest of them.

I called my dealer and he told me there are only 4 on the rear skid. Thats it on the whole sled. Is this true. I know there is none on the front end, but I thought there might be one on the stearing shaft.

Well I took another look with a flashlight. I found 5 total on the rear skid.

Sorry, I should have read you had an FX, according to the service manual there is 7 grease fittings total.

1 where the suspension mounts in the front of the tunnel
4 around the link (link that breaks all the time) in the skid frame
2 in the rear skidframe in front of the axle.

7 total

miked said:
Sorry, I should have read you had an FX, according to the service manual there is 7 grease fittings total.

1 where the suspension mounts in the front of the tunnel
4 around the link (link that breaks all the time) in the skid frame
2 in the rear skidframe in front of the axle.

7 total

I found 7 before the updated link, 5 after. Is this right?

should be right. you lose two zerks because of the new link. what a shame ;)!

Anyone having the jerk zerks fixed on warranty yet ?

Back