• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles on your Apex?

Doing the yearly maintenance on my 2007 Attak and I'm at 6371.
Be sure to reset your maintenance reminder as well.

It happens so infrequently that I always go into panic attack when it goes off. Like yesterday my oil light came on and I pull over and pull panels and check my oil level. I decide to "limp" it back to the trailer. Until I literally slapped myself when I saw the mileage counter and realized it was my maintenance reminder.

After slapping myself I put the hammer down and got home. I guess mine was due at 13,500 miles! HA!

Be sure to reset your maintenance reminder as well.

It happens so infrequently that I always go into panic attack when it goes off. Like yesterday my oil light came on and I pull over and pull panels and check my oil level. I decide to "limp" it back to the trailer. Until I literally slapped myself when I saw the mileage counter and realized it was my maintenance reminder.

After slapping myself I put the hammer down and got home. I guess mine was due at 13,500 miles! HA!

Mines too old for that ha but I know the feeling from other machines!

yea its fairly simple just a light that illuminates when you are turning the key,as long as it goes out your good if it stays lit you have to immediatley disconnect battery. It is really a brilliant idea, a starter and solenoid alone are exspensive but if it fries your stator thats even more. Especially if you dont do the work yourself. I have had no problems with mine but have read others, dont need that expense when a season is going great. You leave on your sled and drive for 6-9 days and stay in hotels?? Thats awesome, I got to get up to canada someday,I just dont want to pay the $300 toenter and not be able to carry my gun.
What? wrong thread?

MY '11 Apex has just over 10K miles. I picked up a '16 XTX last year plus have a 3rd 2-stroke available for family & friends. Since trails haven't opened up here yet, I've yet to put a mile on the XTX. Pretty sure I'm going to love it so trying to sell the '11. It looks great and have it priced less than some '06's & 07's but not getting any bites. This is my first time trying to sell a sled with "high" miles. I'll be happy to keep it around if that's my fate but wondering if anyone here has experience with selling high mileage 4-strokes. Did you have to give it away? This could just be the general market conditions also - all the comparable Apex listings are not selling as well.

MY '11 Apex has just over 10K miles. I picked up a '16 XTX last year plus have a 3rd 2-stroke available for family & friends. Since trails haven't opened up here yet, I've yet to put a mile on the XTX. Pretty sure I'm going to love it so trying to sell the '11. It looks great and have it priced less than some '06's & 07's but not getting any bites. This is my first time trying to sell a sled with "high" miles. I'll be happy to keep it around if that's my fate but wondering if anyone here has experience with selling high mileage 4-strokes. Did you have to give it away? This could just be the general market conditions also - all the comparable Apex listings are not selling as well.
IMO 10k is not high miles on a Apex… Some owners put that on in the first couple of years of ownership .. If the sled was maintained correctly and normal wear and tear replaced there is a good demand for your sled.. When correctly studded it makes one hell of a great ice fishing sled to pull the larger Ice Shanties.. You might want to post it at your local bait shop.. The motor is also sought after in the aviation industry as they are putting the four cylinder in older Bush planes due to its power to weight ratio and dependability which is second to none… So don’t let anyone tell you that you need to give it away as you will be hard press to find a better motor IMO….

The market still seems to be hot, but I've seen a little slowdown on sales just recently. When people see mileage they think 2 stroke. 10k would be high miles, but they don't realize 4s can go 20k. Or they just don't care and want something 5k or under.... I have a '12 XTX with 5k....

Back