• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurley Mudd Running....

Awesome ride guys ;)!

Didn't take too long for the Rappy to get back on the trailer and me to find out what that mud running is all about.

I loved it but I'm still wondering why there's so much tread wear on the back tires of the Grizz. :wink:

Looks like a lot of fun guys......

Man now I want to go riding and get all muddy!

after that weekend I get this strange erge to have jello shots but for some reason it just wont be the same....LMAO :Rockon:

It was funny seeing all the guys at work looking at me weird. They see me with my head cocked at 90 degrees watching the video!

Tom, my buddies and I need to come up and go muddin with you guys! Looks alot better then the mud holes that we can find here! :D

Nice pics! ;)!

U bet buddy...its a blast....I can do tons of mudding right from my driveway....that video is funny...thought the camera program would be able to rotate it...but nope... ;)!

Iowagrizz,

We gotta set it up! The Hurley area is extremely ATV friendly. Our condo neighbors were a group of about 30 relatively older (my age) couples from Minnesota. We met them again at a bar out on the trail that had its own mud bog hole. By the time we got there the Minnesota group was getting pretty lit up and challenged us to do the hole. Their group was all pretty clean at that point, with their clothes looking like they'd spent the day at the yacht club, I figure they rode the roads to get there.

Our group had no concerns about staying clean and Chase figured he could take his stock Grizzly through that mudhole with one Grizzly tied behind his back! (Meatball had run out of gas and was being towed.) They made it about half way then Meatball had to let some slack out of the winch for Chase to complete the run. Meatball had "just" enough gas left to get out of there by himself.

This must have broken the ice for them, along with the liquid courage, as the yacht club crowd then started putting on a comedy show. Two gals hopped on an Arctic Cat and wallowed about a third of the way through. They spent about a half hour getting them out only to find the hose at the bar didn't work anymore. Didn't stop the now thoroughly lubricated and thoroughly mud covered broad from jumping up on the bar and doing the pole like a stripper. Not only didn't the bar owner mind, she jumped right up there and did the pole herself. That bar was a rocking!
:Rockon:

We were just there to get something to eat and didn't stick around too long as we had to get on to our charity event. As we were leaving, with Meatball slogging his way through the bog, this overly clean guy wearing bright red yacht club shorts and a white polo shirt hops on a Foreman. He looked at the bog, revved up his machine and went screaming right into it. He got about 15 feet and dumped over on his side. Meatball asked him if he hit a rock and he said "No, I think the whiskey hit me".
:drink: LaLaLa

We left them to their fun and continued on our charity mission.

Aw shucks, :oops:

I may not ride as good as I used to do but I can still spin a yarn now and again.

There's actually a couple more stories about the trip that I'll have to dig out. :D

oh yea guys I need storys like that to bring home. I do have to get a trip up there! Sounds like way to much fun!

I do want to read another story please tell more ;)! 8) ;)!

We started our adventure way too early in the morning, must have been about 11:00 AM. Well, early considering that at 3:15 AM we were watching Meatball hunt for snails in the bottom of his carburetor float bowl. He's now got a system where he can have that carb out, cleaned and back into his Grizz in under 10 minutes.

First item on the agenda was food and fuel. Well, first right after we watched Meatball take a few more cracks at the mudhole that bothered him the night before. No carb cleaning but he did have to stand his Grizz on end to drain the water out so it would run. We would see this process repeated a number of times during the day, along with a few more carb cleanings.

We rumbled on down to the Citgo in town to top off our machines and dine on wonderful DeliExpress cuisine. While enjoying our meal and a lively discussion with one of our charity subjects who happened along, a group of Mom's, Dad's and little kids came riding up on 2wd Big Bears, Polaris Explorers and the like. They had milk crates, gas cans borrowed from their lawnmowers and all sorts of strange junk strapped to their racks.

After fueling, they stopped to talk with us about the best trail out of town. They told tales of a trail that they found impassible but figured our machines should get through, except for him. (Pointing at me and my Raptor.) One of the extreme navigators in our bunch then gave them directions that essentially got them right back to where they described the nasty area. I knew better, having wrecked a countless number of snowmobiles in this area during my misspent youth, but I wasn't going to say anything since they'd already insulted my ride.

Sure enough, we met up with them again at the spot they described. I was able to pick my way through with the Raptor and get to some high ground while the other guys were whooping it up and having fun in the mud. The Hooterville clan picked their way through and joined me on the high ground. They started right back up where they left off at the gas station, giving me the business about my small tires and how I'd never be able to make it through the next section and the section after that etc. so forth and otherwise.

I suppose in my younger daze I'd have ripped back through the the slop to show 'em just what the Rappy could do in those conditions but I knew that I'd still have to end up on high ground and still have to deal with the Clampett clan and all of their jibberish. So I asked my new mentors what they thought I should do... "Well hell, you need to get one of them Grizzly machines if'n you're going to be running up here with these guys. That's what I'm going to get one day, they're the best. Don't know why in the world you brought this thing you should have a Grizzly"

Iz dat a fak? I asked in my best hillbilly twang. Well by goll ah'm gonna to do jus dat! Ah'm gonna go fetch me one a dem dar Grizzly 'chines rot now!!

By this time Jed's looking at me all suspicious like and asks "How you going to do that?" Easy, I replied: I've got more dollars than sense and I've got one a dem dar Grizzly's parked rot back over yonder on a trailer.... See Ya!

I ripped off down the trail, got the Grizz and the Hootervillonians never bothered me again.

Must be getting cranky in my old age. :wink:

Back