• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hurricane bundle

I would like to know if a reverse angle helix helps with spooling turbo even quicker,why are they a bad thing with the quicker spooling tunes? I run one and everyone I let take sled for a ride says it’s the snappiest 4 stroke sled they have ever ridden. As close to a two stroke for throttle response as I can make it. Now if somebody tells me the progressive helix will make it even better throttle response wise, then my sled will be 2 stroke-esque!!!!!!

For quick E.T.s drag racing, "snap" does not make a sled fast, actually quite the opposite. I always get a kick out of the guys who want them to wing right up. The quickest 60 foots are when they are boarder line to bogging and pulling the engine to its knees and shifting aggressively and not revving up right away to peak HP RPM.

On the other hand, if you are doing rolling starts with good traction, peak HP RPM will accelerate quicker than a sled that is not at peak HP RPM. Its all traction based, both track to the ground and belt to the clutches.

I agree 100% with LUG it to get good et’s but I had to be honest with myself years ago about what I do most, drag or trail ride. I trail ride more so always looking for the corner to corner stuff. That being said, I did purchase a 39/35 from Justinator to try! Lol…..guess I will be doing more testing again and again and again…..gotta love clutching! Oh, and thank god for being retired!

For quick E.T.s drag racing, "snap" does not make a sled fast, actually quite the opposite. I always get a kick out of the guys who want them to wing right up. The quickest 60 foots are when they are boarder line to bogging and pulling the engine to its knees and shifting aggressively and not revving up right away to peak HP RPM.

On the other hand, if you are doing rolling starts with good traction, peak HP RPM will accelerate quicker than a sled that is not at peak HP RPM. Its all traction based, both track to the ground and belt to the clutches.
My Dragy testing this past winter showed this to be true. 2 secs faster in 330 from a dig with more aggressive up shift vs reverse angle. From a 15 mph roll, reverse angle reved quicker but was really about same et to 330. Turbos like load and this 998 system has very little lag so IMO it doesn't need clutching that allows engine to "free rev" down low.

My Dragy testing this past winter showed this to be true. 2 secs faster in 330 from a dig with more aggressive up shift vs reverse angle. From a 15 mph roll, reverse angle reved quicker but was really about same et to 330. Turbos like load and this 998 system has very little lag so IMO it doesn't need clutching that allows engine to "free rev" down low.
2 secs in 330 is bus lengths

2 secs in 330 is bus lengths
Agree completely. That's the setup I think D&D is still selling for "trail performance". When they first sold me this (years ago), I questioned them about this very thing. Of course they said it would work. Reverse angle setup cannot shift up nearly fast enough on usual trail snow conditions. It would almost always bang rev limiter until it hooked. Gets worse with big HP.

What helix do you guys recommend with hurricane bundle ss pm using xs825 belt. Right now using heavy hitter weights with their orange springs and 33-35. I was told by another member to try ygy or ywy Yamaha spring in the primary. Was thinking trying b/o at 90 in the secondary since I have one in the wrapper still. I was thinking of getting a dalton 38 but only want to buy one and be done. Thanks

Last edited:
What helix do you guys recommend with hurricane bundle using xs825 belt. Right now using heavy hitter weights with their orange springs and 33-35. I was told by another member to try ygy or wyw Yamaha spring in the primary. Was thinking trying b/o at 90 since I have one in the wrapper still. I was thinking off getting a dalton 38 but only want to buy one and be done. Thanks
Im running hurricane ss pm 240hp 270 hp with heavy hitters with tp orange primary, ulmer racing 39/35 helix with epi purple spring wraped 9&1 as per allen, works realy well, realy perky for trail riding, good backshift, good mph, realy nice setup, good belt life also.

We used to run 60/40 helix in the old Tcats with a Bearcat secondary. They liked being lugged off the line with less angle on top.
The 1100 does as well but not with a 60/40. LOL

Looking forward to sorting out my 22' Tcat this fall. Lots of great ideas from all you guys.

Back