• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Xs825 belt break in

with the XS belt being thicker. That would affect your top end shift out right. Wondering if that put too much on the secondary on a long pull and caused it to overheat the belt? Primary pulling and secondary not being able to let the belt sink down anymore. That would be the only difference in the 8JP belt set up and the XS 825. I would like to know what was milled on the secondary by Thunder to allow a little more shift out. Is it the shaft? I thought I remembered reading something about 3mm, and if there is a washer on the inside of the secondary could you remove that washer or possible a thin washer?

We’re talking a mm thicker on some less on others. Not every belt is exactly the same dimensions. the XS is just SLIGHTLY WIDER when I have measured. Guessing thunder machined his stub shaft to bring his offset to around 57.5-58 mm. On the 22 sleds myself and another member are finding 59-59.5 mm offset to be the sweet spot. The XS 825 is a direct replacement for the 8jp. The difference is width is very minimal. The big differences are the amount of belt dust and belt compound which changes rpm.

Last edited:
We’re talking a mm thicker on some less on others. Not every belt is exactly the same dimensions. the XS is just SLIGHTLY WIDER when I have measured. Guessing thunder machined his stub shaft to bring his offset to around 57.5-58 mm. On the 22 sleds myself and another member are finding 59-59.5 mm offset to be the sweet spot. The XS 825 is a direct replacement for the 8jp. The difference is width is very minimal. The big differences are the amount of belt dust and belt compound which changes rpm.
I wonder if the 21"s like the 59 or little more offset also.

After buying hurricane tool I checked offset and when I put the the go no go gauge in it pushes the tool out. It’s tight. I believe my offset moved in from the belt blow. Does anyone have a step by step to fix this. I read that the bearing has to be put back and use green lock tight. Thanks

After buying hurricane tool I checked offset and when I put the the go no go gauge in it pushes the tool out. It’s tight. I believe my offset moved in from the belt blow. Does anyone have a step by step to fix this. I read that the bearing has to be put back and use green lock tight. Thanks
Very good chance it moved. Plenty of threads on this in this forum. Just search it up. Most suggest to use green retaining compound. Gonna need a press.

You don't need a press just heat it up. It falls right out.

Thanks for the replies. I’m not to positive in doing the job myself but I do have a couple inclined family members that I’m sure can help me if I knew exactly what needs to be done

Yes. Same length as 8jp. Just SLIGHTLY wider.
Do you know what number the Ultimax xs have compared to 8DN ? Just asking becouse i want to use xs in my Nytro dragster.
I know its not the right tread to ask in

Back