• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Xs825 belt break in

Did you inspect the xs 825 belt before you put it on? There was a bad batch around a year or so ago. I got one. There was a thread on the topic.

Yes looked good. My buddy is running it also no issues. We got them both from hurricane. I came around the point and hit it got half way to nauties and boom. Maybe I held it to long but it was so smooth Sunday evening. I just don’t want it to happen again. Luke said he’ll come over and check and make sure it’s all in spec. Thanks

Here’s some pictures

Attachments

• 9E77EBDE-90B8-4227-9207-8AD62FB8A70C.jpeg
    9E77EBDE-90B8-4227-9207-8AD62FB8A70C.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 897BC4F0-1B9C-48A7-8005-5B736625CE7F.jpeg
    897BC4F0-1B9C-48A7-8005-5B736625CE7F.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 136
One more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 131
You need to check and see how much float their is in that secondary. Push the clutch open and down on the belt then check and see how much float there is.

Here’s some pictures
That orange spring doesn't have coil bind. If you were having coil bind, you would have paint worn off between the coils and I am not seeing that. My TP Orange primary spring has the paint worn off on the outside just like yours.

I run mine with less than 1mm float and have zero belt issues running tuned.
Float doesn't always float and when it doesn't it will rip a belt in half from having uneven pull on belt.

That orange spring doesn't have coil bind. If you were having coil bind, you would have paint worn off between the coils and I am not seeing that. My TP Orange primary spring has the paint worn off on the outside just like yours.
That spring is wearing paint off because it’s hitting the spring cup sides. I can assure you the 2 springs I recommended will not look like that in 10k miles. Coil bind may have been the incorrect term but no way a spring should look like that. It’s hitting something clearly and slowing down the shift of the clutch.

Last edited:
Another of the same brand. These marks will not help any clutch set up. I call it like I see it. I will again repeat I like thunder products and use them just not this spring
1647478477534.jpeg

9200 k on my sled, 9000 k with xs 825, tried a 8dn belt for a 200 k ish ride but went back to the xs belt, 240 tune 24/50 gears with plenty of full throttle pulls, must be lucky but haven’t blown the belt yet.

Back