• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane/Hindle questions

Stubbs

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
‘16 Apex XTX with 137” Mono II
+ other gooodies
Happy New Year folks. Quick question.....anyone running the Hurricane/Hindle kit have issues with studs contacting the muffler? Mine looks like it’s going to get chewed alive if I don’t remove my studs. Anyone care to tell me how big in diameter the holes in the air box lid are? I purchased the kit used and didn’t get the lid. Thanks in advance.

Cant comment on the studs..I run a 1:75 backcountry. the holes I believe are 3 inch..big enough to uncover the airhorn .

3" cut I believe too. I ran a 1.75 for the first yr..but no studs. Run a 1.6 pre studded now.

No stud issues in mine, and I've header wrapped my muffler for ice issues. Some wear on the tape, but its all due to ice chunks getting eaten up

Hmmmm, strange. I’ve pulled my studs anyway, so it really doesn’t matter. If I want more traction I may go the I-grip route. I can’t wait to get out and try this thing, I’ve been riding Apex’s for 10+ years now.

Versus the Apex, you'll love the low end torque, but will miss the top end of the Apex (stock vs stock).

Word of warning though, the Nytro is more top heavy than an Apex, and will tend to wanna high side you in corners if your not hanging off it at higher speeds. Especially a long track with a 1.75. Ask me how I know...lol. But the low end torgue is saaweet.

One more quickie before I Swiss cheese this airbox cover.......are the 3” holes holes towards the front when the cover installed or to the rear? I’ve got a shitty pic, but can’t really tell which end of the box needs the holes to uncover the air horns.

More towards the rear. You want the airhorns uncovered so that the get unrestricted air. Drill the holes so you can see the airhorns and they are not covered by the lid.

Thanks for the response. I found an old thread with some pics so was able to sort myself out. Should be on the snow tomorrow and I’ll start to tune clutching etc.

Thanks for the response. I found an old thread with some pics so was able to sort myself out. Should be on the snow tomorrow and I’ll start to tune clutching etc.
Great to hear.

Back