• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax from the dealer

sharky007

Extreme
Hey guys I have A 2009 RTX and I bought a set of hyfax this summer and got around to changing them yesterday. Now I should of measured before I installed them but they are to long. Looks like there for a XTX. Anyhow do these have to be cut to fit? Because they are tapered at the end. If not I'm taking them back.

I cut mine with a reciprocating saw, but you could easily cut it with a hand saw or hacksaw.

I bought short ones once...put them on and they were about 4" too short...was very angry. I took them back and got XTX ones and cut them. Pretty simple, just measure of the old ones and cut with a hack saw.

Thanks guys.. I know about cutting them I have done that with my Vector. But these are already tapered and I trying to figure out if they gave me the wrong parts. They told me I would not have to cut them.

I bought a set at the Novi,Michigan snow show. Told the guy they were for a 09 Nytro Rtx Se 121". I just put them on tonight,they were tapered at the end,and they actually were the exact same length as the ones i took off. They actually are a little bit short,there's about 1/2" to 3/4" rail sticking out the back of the hyfax. Good luck!!!!

Took the sled to the dealer today. Yes the gave me the wrong sliders. But they replace and installed the new one for free...:)

Back