• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I am Amazed So Many Easterners Like there RX1

snowmotion

Expert
Website
www.snowmotion.com
Out West Mine Sucks It has given me nothing but grief from day one
They should take the name mountain off this slad and call it
the BOAT ANCHOR They May go great on a Lake But
In the Mountains Mine Has Never Run Well Ever
AND it overheats so Easily and often on a trail I Am suprized they work so well out east I cant go 5K without stopping to Cool down even with Scratchers

It seems they tried to make a mountain machine out of a groomed trail cruiser. Mountain stuff is forign to me, being from the east.

snowmotion said:
Out West Mine Sucks It has given me nothing but grief from day one
They should take the name mountain off this slad and call it
the BOAT ANCHOR They May go great on a Lake But
In the Mountains Mine Has Never Run Well Ever
AND it overheats so Easily and often on a trail I Am suprized they work so well out east I cant go 5K without stopping to Cool down even with Scratchers

Judging by the tone :roll: of your post I don't believe you are looking for any serious replies. I wonder how much advice you are expecting....

Maybe a REV is your solution? :p

I'm looking for a second one, too bad you're so far away. Sounds like I could get a good deal. I'm with you Superdave, I couldn't have said it better. :D

Well said KMER.

Snowmotion,

This is your second post today bashing the RX. I'm sure many on here would be happy to help you if you ask nicely. If you are so unhappy that you don't want any help then the only viable option is to sell it and move on.

I stand corrected....... Seven bashes, in only twelve posts. Great start. :roll:

You dont like your rx1? Sell it and buy some skis!! Looking at your profile it says Banff? No sleds allowed there anyway. its a ski town. :roll: but then so is Whistler. nuff said 8)

I think he may have a point! Here me out. I am one of many who like the mtn rx, in the mountains. I have only riden mine in Montana, at 8500 ft, and above. Not much boondocking, mostly hillclimbing. In conditions, other than extreme deep powder, it's a blast to have. On the days when it's 5 feet or more of dry fresh pow, it's miserable. In the Candaian Rockies, I'm thinking you get a lot of the exteme deep pow. Your one of the many lucky ones. Therefore, the RX Mtn problably isn't for your application. On the other hand, throw a 162 on it and see what happens. That's what I'm thinking of doing. As far as the trouble, with the sled itself, again, I think you have a point. I talk to others who experience the carb problems. I have stock floats, and it has never missed a beat. Never smoked a belt. I wish I had reverse! I only have a thousand miles on it, but they are in the mountians. It's never seen a trail. It almost sounds like your sled got a bad setup, I might think about having it gone through by the dealer again, or find another dealer.

There is a difference though.....

You posted some complaints, and some possible solutions. You seem open minded to suggestions.

Snowmotion on the other hand bashed the sled, asked for no help, came accross as not interested in suggestions and then hasn't checked back on his threads.

My understanding of what this site is for, is sharing information and trying to help each other with ideas and solutions. What good does it do anyone to have people just bash and run?

One of the best things about this sight is the lack of bashers. It makes it a much more friendly and open enviroment to share ideas.

ive yalked to snowmotion , and 4 other guys also with rx1 mountains, using them for mountains,they have very ligid hates about them,the one i bought was taken to the mountains, he paid over 14000 canadian for it, drove it one day for his week stay, hated it and rented a rev all day,Another guy i was going to buy one from spent over 3 grand on lightweight stuff, finally gave up mid season and bought a cat 1m, first yamy he ever owned and said it was a horible experiance,and it worked like crap,THIS COMING FROM A GUY WHO IS WANTING TO SELL IT,works great for mr, im turning mine into a 1 1/4 track and am going to try toflatland it, it did overheat on me yeasterday though on the lake, i think that might be an issue for me,i think it will be a great sled, as for snowmotion, leave him alonehe has had a very bad run with his rx1, pretty bad when his buddy that bought his old summit 670 can out do his new rx1, he has a ligid beef, let him vent a try to help him when he calms down

Back