• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

i did the battery relocate, hope the battery works well.

Website
www.arrowheadcustoms.com
yesterday i bought one of the ups batteries and relocated it in the front of the bulkhead. wasn't that hard of a job and it does make it alot easier to change oil when the time comes! just hopeing that the battery does alright up front most of the snow that does get into the eng comp lands right in the front nose cone were the battery is located. any tips for keeping the snow off the battery? i have flowright material over all my vents and weather stripping in the font of the nose cone so there isn't mush that comes in but there is a bit.

dallas

Yes, I'd like to see one also. I was test fitting my battery in the front (original type battery) and it looks like it would be a close fit, even without a smaller battery. I wondered if I could make up a bracket to use the stock battery there. Man that would make the oil changes nice!

Jim

Make sure you hook the booster cable 'extensions' to your new battery. It would sure suck to have to get at the relocated battery to boost your sled in the middle of nowhere.

JDKRXW said:
Make sure you hook the booster cable 'extensions' to your new battery. It would sure suck to have to get at the relocated battery to boost your sled in the middle of nowhere.

Just the positive one , it can be grounded just about anywhere on the chassis for jumping

Has anyone tried to put the stock battery where the toolbox/storage box was? I do a lot of riding by myself a long ways from home, so I definately don't want to go any smaller than stock. I'm not concerned with weight...just easier access to the oil filter. Of course it may not be a problem if my sled doesn't get fixed...but I could always do the same thing on my next sled if it happens to be an RX.

Jim

yamabluerx1 said:
RX Haller that is very impressive. Come to Michigan and do mine would you please!!!

I can't take credit for it , I was just posting the link to it .......
Hats off to the originator of it ........

I put the powersonic 1270 battery In mine started it and ran it around the house for a while and headed up to the UP.The sled wouldnt start in the morning,turned over but slowly.I figured it must not have had a good charge so I jumped it and rode all day ,next morning it still wouldnt start so I put the original battery in and no problems after that .Possibly the battery ,which was new off ebay ,has been sitting around too long and lost some CCA,s.

Does anyone have the part number for the 05 rx1 standard battery?Ive got the reverse model and supposedly a bigger battery.

i plan on taking my other battery and bracket just in case i have the same problem or it just won't crank long enough to start after it has been on it's side or something. don't need to be out in the middle of nowhere with a dead 4 stroke and no pull start!

hope this works out though becuase it is quite neet!

Great idea, just doesn't work on cold mornings. Not enough CCA's!

Back